Sturgeon point

SylvanTroller

Should anyone snag a disneys frozen fishing pole with a raspberry triple d worm harness and an offshore 1.5oz snap weight. It belongs to my 4yo daughter. It went over about a mile north of sturgeon point in 42 feet of water. Whatever was on the other end was peeling line off the reel before it departed the boat. Thanks. Would have been the best Disney pole catch ever however her father ran out of talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That's a story that will be in your family for a lifetime! That's what its all about, I better fully spool my boys spiderman pole before I take em to erie, with 20 lb braid. Howd you make out with the eyes?

That's awesome! Thanks for info I am gona hit erie this weekend. Were you fishing the area where you lost the pole? Is there a launch around that area, I have only launched outa sbh in that end of erie. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We picked up eleven yesterday, the secret being finding the right depth as your fish finder indicates. Dipseys And riggers worked best near the bottom with worm harnesses. Go west of Sturgeon Point now that the lake water temperature is cooking.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Limited out the last 6 times out, fishing in 16 to 24 ft.of water, bottom bouncing.. So much more fun catching them on light equipment.

Just like bring in a shoe or having another boater come by telling you that you have a fish on that your drawing behind the boat.

Has anyone try beef hearts in place of worms. They cut the heart meat the same as worm size. It suppose to work better than worms

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good day yesterday out of SP..... 12 fish, mostly off the riggers, all on harnesses. Water temps were pretty uniform from top to bottom in 60 FOW. 71 on the surface, and 69 down 60....fire tiger hatchet blade was good, watermelon took a couple......lake was nice, bugs were troublesome at times....

• 2 weeks later...

Today we trolled from 45 ft in front of Buffalo on the fence all the way to Sturgeon Point to 60 ft of water.Never marked much and did not even catch a silver bass or any other fish.Water surface was 74.6 degrees.Wednesday we fished the first 90 ft straight out in front of Dunkirk and marked many eyes there and caught three to 9 lbs in a couple hours . Tomorrow going to Barcelona and heading down past the 2nd red house to see if I can get a program together.Todays East wind was tough!

Was out today swimming with the kids. Lots and lots of people out there. Was perfect. Keeps and eye on the finder and went through some great marks for about a half mile in 58 fow off of Mickey rats. Wasn't fishing buts sure looked like suspended eyes feeding. Hoping to make it out to fish one day this week. Planning to run out DEEP. Anyone find the thermocline?

Was out tonight between pt breeze and evangola in 60-65 ft and got 3. 2 small guys and one about 6 lbs. fished from 5-8:30. Pink and purp renosky and copper and black harness on a black dipsy. Renosky was on a rigger at 60 dipsy was 120 on 3.

• 1 month later...

Anyone been doing anyhow on rainbows and lakers?

Would like to take a run at the next week. Was thinking to head out of sp toward the cat but maybe heading north toward 18mile would be better? Any Intel is appreciated and as always will be sure to post my results.