Cannon auto up?

salmonite

So my new to me cannons got tested out this weekend but I he to hold the switch up to bring the balls up. I was under the impression all cannon switches just hit it up once and it came up with out holding? Anybody got an idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Probably quickest and easiest way to check is to pull side cover and see if there is a circuit board inside. Fish 307 has on line schematics for all the mag 10 models including early ones. Telescopic booms will fit on all the models so not an exact way to determine age/model. If they still have serial numbers a call to someone like Fish 307 or Screwy Louie's might help with what you need. Good luck with it.

I believe the auto stop board has three connectors vs. the one with out only having two wire connectors

Just remember that you have to have the positive lead correct otherwise it will be another bad board.  I have the wirring schematic somehwhere if you need it.  Had to change mine out a couple years ago.  Green wire is your ground to pass counductivity to your cable.  I would at least check that to make sure that has it.  Its connected to your motor housing.  You should be able to touch that and your cable to see the connection. 

There is a set screw under the cable wire it has to be set so that may be out of adjustment you will have to pull the cable off the real to see the set screw the screw has to make contact with your cable line for the positive I . And the auto stop to work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Lake Ontario United mobile app