Barcelona 7/16

mr 580

Went on a buddy's boat out of Barcelona this morning. Lake was a mess with debris, high water and lots of dirty water. Tried cleaner water first, but ended up getting fish out of the dirty water in 75 feet. Went 8 for 12 plus a steelhead. Bay Rats and Renoskys took the hits. Have to watch the debris as some big stuff floating around so be careful.

Water temp was OK- had some colder water inside from NE blow. Had 68 on top and 64 down 30 in 80fow. Fish came off 5 color and hybrid 80 copper plus 4 colors. Temp wise lake is Ok, but when you're steering around logs and limbs it's not ideal. They sure don't need anymore storms.

We slaughtered them today. Boxed out by 830. Dipsy divers and down riggers. All on purple and chartreuse stick baits. Thermocline definitely set up. Water temp 58-63 degrees above 45ft down. At 45ft down...temp dropped to 54. Took some viscious hits on the dipsys.

Any real big ones? Fishing has been good all over. We did 50 between last Friday and Saturday. 7 colors and sticks were hot in 70 to 77 ft a little east of Dunkirk. Lots of limit catches coming in.

Yesterday I averaged 29in and 8.5lbs over my 12 fish limit. Had a few over 32 inches. One 10lb 9oz. All of mine came in 70-82fow. baits running 10ft below to 10ft above the thermocline