SLR 7-20

Prof T

Still pulling bottom bouncers in 30-35 ft. Marking fish suspended too, but long lines pick up a lot of trash and where I am there is a lot of shallow water pleasure boat traffic and that sure produces lots of ripped up weeds from the weekend.

Last night finally got my first 30 incher here.  Took a long time to get her out of the net, no camera handy, and released. Brought home a limit 27, 22 and 21.

Definitely best night yet!

post-156305-0-54235800-1437483468_thumb.jpg

Got a chance to share a trip last night with Kevin Legg. Enjoyed getting to meet the guy who was so willing to share a lifetime's knowledge with a stranger new to the area. He's a class act and a real gentleman!

We went 5 for 6 in my boat. Best around 25". 1.2 to 1.5 SOG most of the time, 32 FOW, Olive glow thunderstick again.

THANKS AGAIN KEVIN!

post-156305-0-14829900-1437568538_thumb.jpg

Was great meeting Prof T. I didn't realize he and his dad were pike legends I had followed from articles read many years ago. He was kind enough to not mention he out fished me 4 to 2 and that I lost one just behind the boat or we would have both limited out. Evidently he is a quick study and has added his own twist to the bottom bouncing technique. I've been fortunate to meet some great people from friendships I have made on this forum! I'm sure Prof T and I will share many times on the water! Walleyes take notice!

Edited by Kevin J Legg

Nice job guys. I had a bad injector on my boat so I was down for 8 days. Back at it friday. Save some for the rest of us!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Roybee

Great jobs guys.

I love reading your reports. Someday I will venture over there and try to catch some of those river eyes. We have a camp on Millsite so it is a short trip. I am pretty spoiled with these Oneida walleyes though!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

A 30" walleye is fantastic. Been following your posts for a while. I fish the Rockport area of the River regularly and have picked up a few walleye by chance fishing for bass over the past couple years.  Prior to this I never caught one in the River since I started fishing there in 1980.  I'd like to target them more and would like to ask your technique and when you fish (after dark?).  Not looking for any secrets just a way to get started.

Thanks.

Steve