Hemlock 36" Walleye - Hemlock 7/31

FLX,

My number is in my signature text, call, or pm anytime you get over this way. Walleyes come in all shapes...I've seen them hit 10lbs at 28 inches here and seen a 31 out of Dorchester that barely hit 9 lbs. Its really not a competition though it seems everyone makes it one. I talk to people everyday here who catch 4' plus tigers...i have yet to see a pic of one....if you post enough pics people come out of the woodwork to criticize. Every once in a while i get someone who wants to keep a tiger to eat and im certainly not gonna tell somebody what to do with their fish, but im not gonna post a pic of a dead tiger either. I dont even post pic of walleye hardly at all anymore. Makes me laugh to think of guys rushing to fish anywhere based on a pic of 1 fish.

FLX,

My number is in my signature text, call, or pm anytime you get over this way. Walleyes come in all shapes...I've seen them hit 10lbs at 28 inches here and seen a 31 out of Dorchester that barely hit 9 lbs. Its really not a competition though it seems everyone makes it one. I talk to people everyday here who catch 4' plus tigers...i have yet to see a pic of one....if you post enough pics people come out of the woodwork to criticize. Every once in a while i get someone who wants to keep a tiger to eat and im certainly not gonna tell somebody what to do with their fish, but im not gonna post a pic of a dead tiger either. I dont even post pic of walleye hardly at all anymore. Makes me laugh to think of guys rushing to fish anywhere based on a pic of 1 fish.

Good Deal Justin - I'll definitely contact you this fall when I'm out that way

I know Otisco has some slobs, but at least for the guys I know they are pretty elusive - but like anything else, you have to put in the time

Caught this one 3 years ago in hemlock. Like you was not thinking walleye. If I recall that was the first fish boated that day, then a bull head followed by some bass. Eventually we caught some trout. All on a Seth Green rig. All @45 over 90 fow. Fun lake to fish. Great catch man!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-158318-14392137511772_thumb.jpg

Caught this one 3 years ago in hemlock. Like you was not thinking walleye. If I recall that was the first fish boated that day, then a bull head followed by some bass. Eventually we caught some trout. All on a Seth Green rig. All @45 over 90 fow. Fun lake to fish. Great catch man!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice fish!  Hemlock is like my sanctuary...  the fishing is secondary...  But I think I'm starting to figure it out a bit - I have a Wooden Blue Drift boat - stop by if you ever see me down there

Yes I actually have! We also had a family of loons swim by us on Saturday.

I was having my dog fetch sticks out there one day and someone told me he couldn't swim. Which I get and am happy for the regulation. But at that time I did recall seeing deer swim in there - it made me think, "what the heck, deer swim in here and they are dirtier than my dog!"

The eyes in the lock are incredible. Smallest I've ever caught was 8 pounds, largest was over 12 pounds. The 12 pounder was a few years ago. The salmon above the eye was 24 pounds. Not the greatest picture as far as comparing the two fish, but you get the idea.

Thanks

Steve

Helps if I attached the image. Sorry gents.

Those are great looking mounts!  The Salmon's not from Hemlock is it?  I think they were put in there at one time, many years ago - but catches were probably rare.

I wish I had better photos of my Hemlock 'eye from this post - I wasn't with my normal fishing buddy, and the photos look distorted - not in a very good way...

If you check my post Lakers & Bows, the pictures themselves look a lot better

Believe it or not I caught a LL out of Canadice in 2007 on a tip up through the ice.

I've never sniffed another out of that lake since and I've fished it a bunch. I've never seen one on Hemlock.

It wasn't a super big fish, but pretty cool nonetheless. I'll try to find the pic on my computer when I get home.

24# is a monster Atlantic!

Edited by FLXTrolling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That C- Dory is a cool boat for sure.

I've been fishing Hemlock for 22 years and got one walleye! It was 11 Lbs.

80 feet of water down 30. I tried for a long time to revive it, but couldn't. Made great filets!

It's surprising how much trolling we do and don't catch more of the by accident. 

Nice pictures.

See you guys down there.

I have a red Lund.

That C- Dory is a cool boat for sure.

I've been fishing Hemlock for 22 years and got one walleye! It was 11 Lbs.

80 feet of water down 30. I tried for a long time to revive it, but couldn't. Made great filets!

It's surprising how much trolling we do and don't catch more of the by accident.

Nice pictures.

See you guys down there.

I have a red Lund.

We don't catch more because the DEC pulled the spring water rod and gun clubs permit to stock walleyes due to the fact that their research program concluded that the people that fish the lake would rather fish for rainbow trout than walleye. Natural spawning is limited due to the amount of predators(alewives) eating young walleye, amongst a variety of other factors.