another fantastic day of fishing out of sandy. the weather conditions very similar to yesterday but alittle warmer and less windy.

spent the morning fishing the same area as yesterday (in 90 fow) and almost the same report as yesterdays. ended the day 18 for 21 (mixed bag of steelies, cohos, 1 laker (loc fish), and kings (nothing over 15#). nk super spook, dl28 kevorkian, stinger chart nbk, green glow nk, all took fish off the riggers 35'-87' down. leadcore alone was 4 for 6 -nk dl 28 kevorkin and nk purple/chart 28. dipsey rod took 1 fish all day and it was the big king of the day- 150' nbk spin doctor and green fly.

100_1440.jpg

100_1444.jpg

100_1450.jpg

100_1448.jpg

Hi Rob

I got out this morning to it was a little later than I would have liked 7:00 am. I did ok went 5 for 6 the biggest being a 14lb King, a couple real little kings, a nice coho and a 11 lb Laker that was a surprise. I was in 80-140 fow riggers down 40 to 75 got most of them on a fishlander spoon it was blk & white with an eye and some tape on it. I got the laker on a white spin doctor with a howie fly blue and purple off the wire dipsys. I caught some of your chatter on the radio and it did help thanks. I would have said hello but I had 2 totally new people on the boat so I was running my butt off doing everything LOL. Rob I have a depth raider and ran at 2.3 to 2.8. Most of the time I was at 2.4 to 2.5 does this seem right to you?

Sounds like everyone else did well today...and our numbers, 11-for-20, weren't too shabby, either. But only three of them were quality silvers, and from the hit/miss ratio, well...frustrating to miss a couple of rips on the wire, then finally hook up with a shaker off the rigger. Not that I'm complaining; beautiful day out there.

We had three lakers today, too, which surprised us 'cause we were trying to keep the speed 2.5 at the ball. Overall, same pattern, depth, rigs described above. Most of the fish came on a West troll and the "pack"...maybe eight or ten boats...seemed to get pushed to the West as the day went on, so I'm guessing some surface current. The copper rigs were relatively quiet, though.

One question: Rob, which channel have you been sitting on? We stuck to 68 this morning as usual and the only chatter we heard was a couple boats asking for radio checks. Tried to call Joe on Reel Drag a couple of times with no answer, too. Thanks.

Gator, "Nothin' but Net"

First time I tried to use the VHF on Saturday( brand new with the boat) it quit on me, so I was without the radio on Sunday. I really didn't want to mess with a brand new boat but I dug into the dash and found the fuse on the VHF blown. I replaced the fuse, cancelled the new radio at the dealer and was back in business for Monday. Fishing at Olcott on Friday.

Hey Joe,

I figured it had something to do with the new boat :)

Nice looking rig...reminds me of someone else's. I remember when we bought the first "Nothin' but Net", Keith H. and I went through three radios before the dealer installed one that actually worked. I was hoping to find out when I called you if you'd done anything off the boards. It was about all we weren't throwing at them.

Good luck off Olcott. We'll be out probably one evening this week, then again over the weekend, weather permitting. We'll stick on channel 72, this time. After four years at Sandy, you'd think I'd remember. Must have been hitting 40 last year put the kibish in my memory.

Let us know how you do at Olcott.

Gator

Keith I didn't run boards on Sunday, but I took fish on everything with equal catches on the cores, copper, riggers and wire. Just an awesome day for us. We started off the nose and were pretty much all by ourselves with most of the fleet fishing east. Then as the morning went on everyone was moving to the west, I went to the east right out front and did very well to end the day. I would have stayed out until dark but had a party to attend( big family, lots of birthday parties) the wife just won't listen when I say I'm not going!!! Joe