I ran charters out of Port Credit for over 30 years and finally sold the big boat and got a 19 footer that I could trailer around. Shortly after getting that boat I had a problem with one of the charters out of Port Credit. I was fishing in the same direction as a number of boats which were travelling "inside / out". The charter decided he was going to run parallel with the shore and I had nowhere to go. The he came on the radio saying if we knew about the navigation act. I replied if he was familiar with the Criminal Code and pulled out my badge. The skipper had been hired by the owner of the boat who knew me well and when I got back to shore the owner came up to me, apologized and said he was looking for a new skipper. Oh! yes I was a police officer and Port Credit was also the area where I worked!  

Its a real shame people act like this but it will never stop, you only have a couple choices and they are ignore it or do something about it.

Generally if you ignore it and let it go its the end of it.

If you do something about it the consequences can be unfortunate to say the least.

Frankly, i never tolerated bullying in school when i was younger or anywhere once i was an adult and i never will.

This may cause me some negative impact but you can be damn sure nobody including myself will be bullied while im there, i simply wont tolerate it, it will go as far as they want but these people should be taught a lesson.

• 7 months later...

I will tell you this, I have just started fishing lake o the last couple of years and to date have only made a half dozen trips. I purposely stay well away from any packs of boats because I am just learning the etiquette out there. I will say though that I have been trolling along and been passed by much bigger boats throwing big wakes not 30' away. I felt that was kind of odd...

I run a camera on my boat (same as in my truck) for personal entertainment as well as document anything that may happen during an outing. Anything questionable...show the authorities and let them deal with it. Social media occasionally gets out of control.

Oh and 3 Lakers and one coho off the gun range in Niagara Sunday afternoon in 14 to 20 ft of water...j11 tiger was the hot ticket. 45.7 degree water

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

"Insecurity" ....I had the same exact event happen to me, at the Oak! (a while back) Every year, it seams that some Charter does a territorial post their section of L.O. ...and guards it with bully tactic. I agree with the others: ...get the vessel numbers-Gps location-time/date - turn the bully over to the athorities! Let me tell you ...one thing a Charter does not want, ...is the C.G. investigation! My wife and I Chartered out of the Oak, (retired now)..and we never subjected or clients to such poor sportmanship.  How about the "danger factor"?   You two were concerned for your safety ...what about the client's on the Charter? Suppose you - or - the Charter, could not correct in time? Enough said, ...sorry for the Blow! (none of my business now) Good fishing,

Earl