nine mile?mexico bay-newer post

still tough fishing , not many fish have showed up yet if they ever show up ?? did a couple Saturday morning by 6:30 and did a couple by 6:20 on sunday fish were 20 pounds-then did nothing for the next 3 hrs- I can only get better ???????????? maybe

2 for 3 on Saturday and 3 for 5 on Sunday. All but a few on long coppers. Fairly sharp turns and speed changes were key to get the coppers moving vertically in the water column and induce strikes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Left the dock at 7 this morning after I over slept that snooze button was just to easy to push. So already running behind I set out of Sandy pond and got on my way. Started in 150 fow riggers down 100 and 90 dipsey out 244. Collector about half an hour before the 100 riggers fired. No sooner did I take it out of the rid holder went the dipsey took off both meat Riggs. So as me and my girlfriend landed both fish. Picked up to move one on a fly and the other cut bait. Than just as we were about to pick up hit doubles again at noon. Man what a day on the water 6 of 6 to end the day

Left the dock at 7 this morning after I over slept that snooze button was just to easy to push. So already running behind I set out of Sandy pond and got on my way. Started in 150 fow riggers down 100 and 90 dipsey out 244. Collector about half an hour before the 100 riggers fired. No sooner did I take it out of the rid holder went the dipsey took off both meat Riggs. So as me and my girlfriend landed both fish. Picked up to move one on a fly and the other cut bait. Than just as we were about to pick up hit doubles again at noon. Man what a day on the water 6 of 6 to end the day

Finally ended our week in NY, here's the break down from start to finish

Saturday evening, fished high rocks area before I actually knew they were called that... We had 1 hit on green spiny with atomik glow fly.

Sunday morning, back to the same area. Went 1-1 on wire out 325 on #3 setting on 8" pro troll with Poseidon dirty leprechaun fly

Sunday afternoon headed out to the north dune area and fished 120' water column...didn't move a rod

Monday morning followed a couple charters out of the little salmon river toward the plant. Set up in deeper water of 150. Went 1-2 of ff and spiny and fly combo. Both were off rigger parked at 87'

Monday afternoon fished for a couple hours near salmon river in 90' of water didn't see much there either

Tuesday morning headed out in solid 3' waves that quickly built to 5's by noon time. Landed 1 fish on white on white spiny

Took Tuesday evening off, crew wasn't feeling very well after getting out asses handed to us.

Wednesday morning met up with rich at Mexico launch area and chatted weather or not if we were going out. Decided you can't catch fish sitting in the couch so we headed out.

Started at the red building at the plant and worked toward Oswego when the 325 Dipsy peeled off 200' before I could touch the rod. Handed it over to dad. Landed a 25.5lbs King on 8" pro troll (white with green dots) and green fly. 20th spot on the loc board for 3 hours. We also landed 2 more fish in the same area average weight was 18lbs.

Thursday---oh hell NO. Bouy was saying 5' so we decided to clean camp and the boats then take the kids to the hatchery for show and tell.

Friday morning lake was laying down so we headed back out. Started back at the plant and found ourselves leaving the combat zone in search of cooler water. Found it in the 350' area but also no fish. Trolled back toward camp and picked up 2 more in 130' fow area by the plant.

Saturday morning back at the plant playing with the zoo! Went 3-3 until someone was nice enough to clean the back of the boat off. Lost 300 copper 400 copper and Dipsy. I know it happens but auto pilot is to be used when you have a clear open area free from others.

Anyways--

Saturday afternoon decided i would try and run with the big dogs out deep. Joined there circle of fish off west side of the plant and steadily started to pick off fish 1 at a time. Ended up with 3 more all were smaller fish on 500 copper ( last one btw) dragging a uv spoon.

Sunday packed camp and headed back to NH, 7.5 hours on the road just make back in time for my kids hockey practice. Parked the truck and boat in the parking lot so we could both run in to get changed before we hit the ice. (Wifey brought the gear to the rink for us)

Great week all in all, Lake O is a fantastic fishery and can't wait to get better at finding the fish.

Thank you to everyone who made our trip enjoyable.

Rich daisy Mae

Rich p3434

Jason finstins

Pete - pdbouy

Steve

KJ Louise post-154638-14412432426866_thumb.jpgpost-154638-14412432550682_thumb.jpgpost-154638-14412432655418_thumb.jpgpost-154638-14412432936397_thumb.jpgpost-154638-14412433070817_thumb.jpgpost-154638-14412433223796_thumb.jpgpost-154638-14412433468616_thumb.jpgpost-154638-14412433725998_thumb.jpgpost-154638-14412434121254_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by KJ Louise

Dan we had fun, our group can have fun in a wet paper bag! We're learning every year and hopefully will make back up for Browns in the spring. But our lake here in nh is hot come April/May for salmon trolling with Fly rods.

After this week tho I may need a bigger boat...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Fished by plant, one fish on dipsey 240 out, in 100fow . F/f . Fished 6:30 - 5:00 . Worst salmon season in years . But black flies are very healthy . Killed about 300 flies today . To bad , the flies or not salmon . post-146670-14413123234356_thumb.jpg

Great report KJ, steve .. So glad you all had fun and got some fish on the line.. Smiles are what it's all about and thanks for posting them :) ..

We have fun always as well and if we didn't then why bother..

Our week long adventure was as last year, the lake didn't play as nice enough for our tiny tub as we like so we settled.. It was great to know fellow LOU members were in touch and helpful, thanks so much.. Offers are always open to return the favor if you chose to jump aboard the Mae, be it the great lake or Mighty muddy Hudson for stripers..

We got 2 weeks left out there then the hunt begins and the hardwater gear starts getting ready..

Rich.

Another swing and a miss for myself in the area yesterday (9-5).. Arrived to the boat and could only fish yesterday.. Got out around 8am and thankfully got through the massive inside boats out to 140 fow where it was open seas , well 3-4' chop.. Set up just off the stack and trolled 6 rods all the way to the SR without a sniff, twisted line or ghosts on the sonar.. The lake started to lay down just after noon so we shut down for lunch and some swimming.. Inside boats mostly left after lunch so we pointed a bit inshore towards sandy pond.. A pod of fish lit the screen up and the rigger rod 90' down (no probe) in 90 fow.. It was a salmon and got us all twisted up resulting in lost fish and tackle.. Kept trolling from Sandy pond to SR and hit another fish on a mag dipsy in 80-90fow and off as fast as it was on.. We fished another 3 hrs back to Little SR and never touched another rod..

Dismal again, don't like all the boat traffic now but not defeated, we will finish out our season next week in 140 or so fow..

Rich

DEC should rethink about their stocking program. September 6th, one salmon gets weighted in, 5 steelhead, and 4 browns. And the biggest salmon is only 31-11#.? Just a few years ago we were all hoping to see a 40# in the LOC. Lake ontario is a sport man lake and the business are going to hurt if something is not done to get it back the way it was.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Geez, so much negativity........ The salmon in Lake Ontario are bigger than they are in any of the other Great Lakes.

The Lake suffered a knock out punch from the zebra mussel and overall the DEC is doing a good job, I think the bigger fish are still slow to start staging.... I hardly think a 31.11 fish is going to win the derby, Catch the drift caught a 35.3 fish but isn't in it

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United