didnt catch a single fish on jplug this fall... run off riggers mainly and sometimes a copper or 10 color

you might get more responses if you posted these topics in open lake discussion or tackle and techniques

Edited by BrokeOff

didnt catch a single fish on jplug this fall... run off riggers mainly and sometimes a copper or 10 color

you might get more responses if you posted these topics in open lake discussion or tackle and techniques

you want to buy some Kevin? I got lots!LOL.

My grandson brought in a 12 lb. brown trout on a #5 J-Plug [ big]  all flo white , black ladderback ; we were 2 weeks late for the summer St.C.G&F derby [ probably would have been #1 at $500 ] ; smaller J-Plugs in Kelly green also got fish .

Lymans also worked [ if you can find an old chartreuse/black ladderback buy it !] the new ones do not work as well . On " Fintastic's" advice I removed the front treble hooks and the plug works just fine .

Not a touch on body baits in the summer eg. Rapala J-13.

Dad and I bought these lures over at Fay's when they had a big sporting goods department and to add insult to injury they were in the grab bag box, this lure was ahead of its time with the square bill. Dad and I boubled up many of times on the eyes. We bought 4 now dads gone 8 years and I only have I left, so I parked it on his rod and reel which hangs on the wall along with his veteran flag from Korea.post-150331-0-07596700-1448123689_thumb.jpgpost-150331-0-37679700-1448123718_thumb.jpg these lures produced more eyes then any other lure in my box

Yup those are the babies, true walleye catching machines!! Thanks for posting. Since mine only dive about 8-10ft I put them off a rigger maybe 75-90ft back keeping in mind they are lower than the ball, I use them for suspended eyes, or in the Black River.. Yea I see the Orange belly on the one in your box, that's to funny what would be the chances that I would run across someone else that runs the same plug let alone the same pattern!! Cool PD.

Edited by pap