Cranberry

Slimy Hooks

If the wind would pick a different direction, can handle it...the chop when I left wasn't any worse then what it was like last night but they were chewin'...

I give up easy and wasn't about to get splashed in the face all day for terrible fishing...not like there's a 16" perch in there...

True, am blaming these winds bringing in our cold front for the less then stellar bite...kind-a-sorta thought the bite was going to be good, as they bit til dark last night...shows what I know, nothing...

Always bundle up, even for 50-60 degree days when on the water this time of year...3 pairs of fleece pants then jeans, 3-4 sweatshirts and a outer shell jacket...being cold sucks and try hard to avoid that...

Have read about that young ladies perch...absolute trophy!!!

Have three fish from Seneca legitamitly measured at over 15" and all over two pounds weighed on tournament grade scales, verified and documented...doubt I'll ever see a 16" perch and have seen one that maybe, possibly and perhaps was that big...

People keep throwing there sh!t in my face about this and that and 17"-19" perch out of the ponds...of-course i just go along with it, I'm sure most don't believe anything out of my mouth or typed...oh well...

Nice layered outfit ... Be prepared .... pm  me if you need back up ...  I remember being on cranberry when winds where so harse i couldn't start hibachi to cook food.....  I also miss russel in January..    steam comming off water like london and big and mean lake run fish

Will let ya know if backup is needed, highly doubt it, will just take what's coming and cope...if ya want to fish, you know how to get a hold of me...Russell was great, learned a lot about steelhead behavior and how to be proficient at catching highly pressured fish, in vodka clear water...steam off the water was pretty cool, made it hard to see the float at times though...

Pair of 2+ pounders over 15"...yeah, i don't like my face either, kinda stuck with that...no clue how to turn the pic around...post-139731-0-32442200-1458234401_thumb.jpeg

:) ....  Well i believe there are some lg ones out there . Following  the seasonal  movements and knowing  their behavior   = success.  We fisherman who on the bank 24/7  and learn from our mistakes . I enjoy just sometime bending down the hook and enjoying just the hit . I am one with the fish .  I respect all of them ....  the fish are my friend ....but enjoy the perch and keep me updated

Certainly are large specimens out there...imagine if some guy caught a perch like the one in the above photo at cranberry??? Bet he be saying it was 20", lol...

Knowing your quarry and there habits is key to effectively targeting and catching your desired species...

Hands on methods of fishing are my favorites, as much as I love to troll and half the year, that's how I make a living, you don't feel a bite just look for one, or hear a drag...

Never got as far as bending hooks to just feel a bite, but understand where your coming from...try slowly swinging a spoon in the genny, when you get a bite it'll blow your mind...

Never try to insult anyone ontherise, unless they are obviously doing the same to me...just see ya as a ball buster and for all I know your the nicest person on the planet...you have more friends then me, no doubt as I'm a pretty reclusive person...

Lol, samajm...not so sure about that,,,very well could be true as those ponds receive a lot of people fishing that aren't "into" fishing like us...

That is a tank of a walleye!!! appears to be a egg laden hen caught during the season closure...always really cool seeing them near shore doing what they do and some are huge like the one you caught...guessing the real big ones go back to the lake, as the ones we catch during the open season are never the size of what is seen in early spring...

Lol, Scott...you think that's creepy??? Some of the things I've seen you post makes me wonder about ya, but realize your just screwing around...example, you ever get that used blow up doll you were talking about??? I'm joking, no offense...

Maybe it's just me but didn't realize the "creepiness" at all but am kind of a oblivious person...