Cranberry

Slimy Hooks

Straight up Michigan crickets for me...wait for a pod to roll on by, pick out the biggest one and "gently" toss the 2 ounce cricket...yank as hard as you can and duck incase you miss...my best walleye tactic!!! 😉...

Best spots are standing in thick bush's and reeds so no one can really see what's going on, and stash the fish in the brush...if a cop shows up and asks why those fish are there just tell them "it was like that when I got here"...don't leave'em all in your car, hiding them gives you plausible deniability and they aren't in your possession yet...

I find that a spear gun works well, so long as the pond is clear enough to scuba dive. Not many COs will bother you when you're diving, so you just have to worry about getting the stringer from the pond to the car undetected. If there's a bunch of guys fishing, it's sometimes hard to avoid bobbers, and once I got a hook in my you-know-what, but it's so worth it.

Fished the berry today. Lots of fun lots of laughs, some ball bustin ofcourse and decent fish. We caught a bunch of perch some nice bullheads and a whopper walleye.... Thanks slimy, your alright.... No I didn't stick the walleye in my spare tire well.

yup ... this time of year their in schools spawning  . With female in middle and like 20 males around her rising to top of water then back to bottom. . Congrats on catch . Well at least you didn't  use spare tire space to hide fish. lol ..good fishing

Your welcome ontherise, happy you had a fun day on the water!!! Don't be spreading rumors about me being "alright" though, I'm a terrible person...😈

Was very surprised how few people were there during the drive by around 11, almost went home to grab bait and layer up but not today...

Edited by Slimy Hooks

Very slow morning today...bite picked up in the afternoon but hard to find a keeper...starting to see a fair amount of walleye activity on the shore-line as well...hoping this cold front has them off, and will be back to good fishing with quality fish soon...

Nice report Mr Slimy . Was there any skim ice due to temps in upper teens up north  ?   Also what was the body count fishing those chilly ponds this frosty morning  ?.  I believe the cold weather will be keeping trout fishing good for awhile longer . The state should be planning on the stocking of the 2 year olds from Oatka  hatchery in early april in our local streams .             >< ) ) ) * < 

Thankfully there was no skim ice, was a thought driving this morning...haven't made a body count yet, still torturing myself on the pond currently, going on 12 hours...

Body count won't be high, maybe have 20, only had one at 10 this morning and listening to the guys around me and on the way to the lot, it was 1-3 a person from the people that were hear at first light and departed by noon...

Trout fishing is starting to sound better but will be seeing a lot of them when April rolls around and back to the 1st mating gig so am going to do the perch thing for a while longer...irondequoit is starting to sound better and better...

If they were all keepers, would be more then pleased and the three caught while trying to type this message would equal one nice keeper...

Catching those stocked Browns is a lot of fun and look foreward to fishin them every year!!!

Edited by Slimy Hooks

Congrats!!! Doesn't matter to me what size you keep, although my kill count woulda been a lot higher taking home the smaller ones in your pic...

Nail tail/spike combo has been better then minnows, although emeralds took all the bigger fish...

13 hour shift complete, kill count 26 while throwing back a ungodly amount of 5-8 inch fish when a school finally came around...so hard to leave, keep saying any minute a school of big ones is going to arrive...

Wish there was something good to report but all I heard was slow and a lot of small fish...your the king of cranberry today bondouley!!! You were right, it was wicked cold this morning, ice on the guides for hours...

See what happens tomorrow, tried walking further from the lot then I'd ever fished for something different...back to the usual haunts next time...hopefully better days ahead!!!