Streamers for Browns?

Although I haven't tried them, they would certainly work...

As a kid casting off piers for Browns, used to see one person in particular that would fly fish and cast streamers and strip them in...

Have seen him catch fish on more then one occasion...maybe you can start a new trend!!! Hard to give up the sticks/spoons for a streamer fly though, but maybe on a slow day in clear water it would be worth a shot...

THEY WORK GREAT IN A SLIGHT CHOP. FIRST LIGHT TRY "SKIPPING" THEM ALONG THE SURFACE. ONCE THE BOAT TRAFFIC COMES OUT,  MY CATCH RATE SEEMS TO SLOW. USING A WHITE STREAMER, IN A 4 INCH MODEL,  WORKS BEST FOR ME. A LOT OF FUN WATCHING THEM CHASE IT, AND MISS IT ONCE OR TWICE BEFORE GETTING HOOKED. FISH IT AT LEAST 125 FEET BACK WITH A TINY KEEL WEIGHT. 1/8 OUNCE. THE STRIKES ARE VIOLENT, MAKE SURE YOUR DRAG IS SET CORRECTLY.

EARLY IN THE MORNING OR AT DUSK, IF THERE IS A SLIGHT CHOP OR CALM, I SKIP A WHITE STREAMER, 4 INCH MODEL, JUST ON THE SURFACE.  I RUN IT BACK AT LEAST 125 FEET. IT IS A LOT OF FUN WATCHING THEM STRIKE/SWIRL AT IT BEFORE GETTING HOOKED. I USE A 1/16 OUNCE KEEL WEIGHT ON THE LINE ABOUT 3 FEET AHEAD OF THE FLY. THE HOOK UPS ARE EXPLOSIVE, SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR DRAG SET CORRECTLY. LOST MORE THAN A FEW SET UPS DUE TO THIS. THE LIGHTER THE LINE YOU CAN USE, THE BETTER, BUT YOU WILL GET BREAK OFFS. ONCE BOAT THE TRAFFIC ARRIVES MY CATCH RATE DROPS. WILL WORK IN WATERS UP TO 20 FOOT DEEP ON CALM CONDITIONS.

I used to use them on both fly rods and spinning rods on Seneca and Owasco for rainbows and browns and they would have worked on landlocks but they were just starting to stock them on Seneca back then :lol: . Here are some of the ones that worked:

I used small keel weights as described above or a couple large split shot trolled way behind the boat and making a lot of turns

post-145411-0-14717100-1459083302_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man