Down and out set up

Deadly rigs! I run them for browns and kings.

Here's how I run them. Obviously I use them on the the side riggers. I use the quarter size big john dipseys (the smallest they make. I rig the leader as long as I can and still land the fish. You don't need a snubber. I use 20# Seagar Fluorocarbon for the leader and when the fleas are bad, I just use the plain ole 30# Ande.

What you do is let out the desired amount of line with the dipsey/leader attached. I tend to go 25 ft or so. Then I crank down on the release and run the rigger about 5 ft above the marks on my graph. Depending on the beam of your boat, you can run the side riggers very close without them getting hung up with each other.

I like to use this in gin clear water and when the fish are diving out of the riggers on the graph. It may not work all the time, but if it gets you one more for the day its worth it. Good luck............Matt

We do that also. Sometime I'll rig the outside riggers w/ a lure straight off the ball and a dipsey stacked up a little higher, to the side and a little further back. I can get multiple V patterns or a bigger V pattern w/ my 5 riggers.