Left the dock around 530, made a run east and set up in 100 fow. Fished towards wautoma shoals and swung south in 210 and worked into 120fow. Thats where we stayed most the day with 2 or 3 doubles on BIG KINGS! We ended up 19 for 25 with 5 steelhead, 6 lakers, and the rest kings from 3-21 lbs. During a double header one of the kings got wrapped good around my dipsey and busted off the whole rig after getting it untangled. Also had a steelhead and big king off one rod and both fish went opposite ways and the king won tearing ass draggin the small steelhead with it busting off the cheater line!

Great day with some good friends. Of course it sounds to familiar but the ones we lost were good ones. Biggest fish was 21lbs and had a few others around the 20 mark, a couple steelhead with the biggest being 8 pounds. The lakers were pigs as usual 8-12 pounds.

Back at the dock at 2:00 There was a real lull between 12 and 2(only 2bites) That early bite was the ticket, seemed to shut down around 10 am.

We did alot more bites on a south troll today, with the downspeed being 2.5- 2.8. Hottest set up was a dalmation spin doc/hammer fly off the rigger down 105 with a cheater 15 ft above with a SSW. I will post some pics when I get them.

Jax, good to talk to you last night..that break was sick. We wound up doubling up again after we spoke...only problem was as you mention..we dropped most of our big fish..ended 10 for 17. I'm sure your loving the autopilot! See you out there!! Tank

Tank......didnt know that was you in the Bayliner. I think we hung out together all day long on that west/est troll. Im not real familiar with all you Sandy guys. You guys have a great port though! Only **** is the bridge...I almost lost my antenna talking to a guy at the launch. I clearly told my crew to take all the rods and the net down, but since i didnt say antenna they figured it didnt need to come down.

sounds like i missed a good day guys. i was trapped on cayuga without a boat.

yankee,

i think everyone at some point loses something to the bridge. maybe its a gift for the fish gods or just plain stupity but everyone pays eventually.

Hey Yankee, yes that was me. We didn't fair quite as well as you that day but did put a few teens in the boat and lost a few other good ones. Are you staying at Sandy? If so, see you out there!! Tank P.S. yea the bridge is why I dont have a rocket launcher, especially with the high water.

I dont stay anywhere......I just go to where the good fishing is. You will probably see me out there a little more for the next month or so. Come September you cant beat the Genny.

I was amazed the antenna didnt snap. I was waiting for it to for the whole 30 seconds we tried to get it unpinned from under the bridge.

Many of outriggers have seen better days over the years cause of that bridge.. Some were ruined and some people made them a little shorter. :shock:

Rob, let's not hope your next w/ your new ones!

That's the one. It was a little rough out there that day and you were telling us about how the trim tabs leveled outthe ride. That's the main reason why I had them put on my New trophy and it rides sweet in the rough water. Good luck to you in the upcoming pro-ams.