Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dylan585

Cormorants

Went out fishing with my dad today and while in the back of devil's cove we heard a bunch of shots... probably 50-100 when we went out there was a boat with some people with shot guns and some people on the island with a cottage with shotguns... or so it looked... we went and it looked like many dead birds floating... no idea if they were doing it legally or if they just had the balls to try it in broad daylight... anyway when we left the sheriff's boat was just pulling up... if it ws legal I need to know how to do it

Sent from my Z797C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Cormorants can be legally shot if there is a piece of privately owned property that they are destroying. The property owner has to get permit from Dec to and it is only for a certain number of birds. My buddy is usually with those guys blowing up the birds. I'm sure he will read this post and chime in with more specifics and possibly pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah the birds **** all over the trees and it kills them so the land owner gets a permit to kill a certain number every year.

Oh believe me I know what they do... I just always thought nothing could be done... I'm glad some people get permits!

Yeah it was fun today... but they are killing all his trees . No trees no island. He has a permit from The feds. The floaters are picked up . Maybe a cripple or 2 but can't chase them down with all the boats and his regs that he has to follow.

How to get a permit.... spend a lot of money for a island and hope cormorants land on it and make it smaller and smaller every year.

I just shoot and watch them fall.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah it was fun today... but they are killing all his trees . No trees no island. He has a permit from The feds. The floaters are picked up . Maybe a cripple or 2 but can't chase them down with all the boats and his regs that he has to follow.

How to get a permit.... spend a lot of money for a island and hope cormorants land on it and make it smaller and smaller every year.

I just shoot and watch them fall.

Good luck man!

Didn't read all of it but saw the part were the kid said dad that guy has a shotgun . Lmao ...... YEAH and he's using it.

And to the people who said they got shot are all anti's. All shot are straight up . If u don't want to get shot move your boat. We can't move the island.

Didn't read all of it but saw the part were the kid said dad that guy has a shotgun . Lmao ...... YEAH and he's using it.

And to the people who said they got shot are all anti's. All shot are straight up . If u don't want to get shot move your boat. We can't move the island.

Lmao!