Had a much better season this year than the last two. Was not able to get out as much as last year due to health problems with my fishing buddy but the times I did get out the fishing was good. Caught many more mature ( over 20 lbs ) than last year and far fewer skippys this season has boosted my optimism for the future I hope next year is at least as good as this one. Have a great holiday season everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Had a much better season this year than the last two. Was not able to get out as much as last year due to health problems with my fishing buddy but the times I did get out the fishing was good. Caught many more mature ( over 20 lbs ) than last year and far fewer skippys this season has boosted my optimism for the future I hope next year is at least as good as this one. Have a great holiday season everyone

Same for us this year. The low catch rate of juveniles bothers me some. I hope it doesn't indicate there will be less fish to mature next year. Hoping there wasn't a lost class or 2 of salmon.

Where were you fishing this year Chinook35? Black river bay for the fall king run or out in the shipping lanes?..............Pete

i fished Mexico bay from the nukes to the north dunes off Sandy pond in late July had reasonable fishing ( not hot and heavy) and there were lots of LT in the mix ( thankfully the LT bite all but disappeared in Aug.) I moved up to Stoney and Henderson in Aug. never got as far as Sackets. Fished the finger and lanes near the wall then the trench the lack of skippys may be a concern. Time will tell. I don't like catching them because of survivability issues considering the number of trips this year ( fewer) I am happy with my catch ratio and very pleased with the way the salmon program seems to be going. I read all the posts from all you knowledgeable folks on meetings and stocking quotas. It is way above my pay grade and I am glad you are on board

We fished out of the Oak & during fall LOC derby we caught too many skippy's. With the mixed up never stable inside water conditions we headed off shore for the steelhead bite 31- 35 + lines. Multiple days we caught double digit small kings that were mixed in with the steelhead! I hated the risk of harming the screamers of the future but they were taking the same lures in the same depth water as steelhead.

I had a great year out of the oak. The salmon showed up early and stayed right out front. It slowed down a lot when the lake flipped in August. Some days the big fish on the inside waters wanted to play ball other times 30-33 line was the only place to find cooperative fish. I stuck not fishing right now with a twisted ankle but I can't wait to do some close harbor patrol with some Jplugs in the dark. All in all a good year