info How to open and close a FOR SALE ad

There seems to be a lot of members who don't know how to attach pictures on here, or how to close an ad that they open, after your item sells or a change in the status. So I figured it was time to do a little tutorial, step by step. Trust me, if I can figure it out, so can you. I am 1 level above the Amish when it comes to computer skills.

If you post an ad on the forum it is YOUR responsibility to edit and close that ad. It gets a little frustrating to see an item for sale, only to ask if it is still available and find out that the item sold "a long time ago". So please do all of us a favor and manage your ads.

Step 1: start a new topic and select whether you are selling, renting or trading an item

post-142578-0-80518000-1475696410_thumb.png

Step 2: Scroll down to "choose file" if you want to attach a picture

post-142578-0-05643200-1475696486_thumb.png

Step 3: Once you choose a picture or "file", click on "attach this file"

post-142578-0-27833700-1475696559_thumb.png

Step 4: Look to the right and see the "add to post" option. Click there to add the file

post-142578-0-54497100-1475696684_thumb.png

Step 5: You can select to "preview post" at the bottom, then if everything looks good you can click on "post new topic"

post-142578-0-79147500-1475696787_thumb.png

• Like 1

Now, how to close an ad.

Go to the bottom of your first thread when you opened the ad, and click on "edit". 

Next, click on "use full editor".

post-142578-0-85894000-1475697904_thumb.png

Then go up to the top, and in the "Topic Prefix", select "Sold/Closed" to close your ad. You can also update or change the title of your ad, from FOR SALE to TRADE or whatever the update is.

post-142578-0-97232800-1475697973_thumb.png

Edited by Todd in NY
  • Like 1

Good point. I use these steps on my laptop and some of it on my Android. I don't use or own Apple electronics.

My goal with this thread was to generate some awareness and insight where it could apply to a bunch of members, and hopefully make it easier and better for everyone.

Now, how to close an ad.

Go to the bottom of your first thread when you opened the ad, and click on "edit". 

Next, click on "use full editor".

attachicon.gifScreenshot (10).png

Then go up to the top, and in the "Topic Prefix", select "Sold/Closed" to close your ad. You can also update or change the title of your ad, from FOR SALE to TRADE or whatever the update is.

attachicon.gifScreenshot (11).png

I have had no luck finding the page that allows me to edit. Went to my homepage to  get my original post, brought up the item for sale and then hit a dead end, can't find the edit icon.

I have had no luck finding the page that allows me to edit. Went to my homepage to get my original post, brought up the item for sale and then hit a dead end, can't find the edit icon.

The "edit" is a very light grey colored word, not in a box, lower right side on a computer. It's just left of the "multi quote" box.

Edited by Todd in NY

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

To add a pic. click or touch the click to choose file or if you see the paper clip looking symble. Choose the pic you want you will see a check mark on that picture, on the top you will see done or finish click on that word, then you will see uploading pic. If you like what you see click submit reply, it's a lot easier then the old way plus you can see your pic you've chosen before you hit submit.

image.jpeg

I can insert pics from "other media" but those are pics from previous posts.

It doesn't seemed to want me to drag or attach a new picture from laptop I'm using.

the only other thing I noticed is there is "setting" drop down in Bold text that will not open under screen name in upper right page.

I'm guessing its a setting issue that I can not get to change for some reason.

1st. you have to go to files and click images+

then u double click the image 

and pray to god that the image downloads   I did this from my laptop that i have no pics. saved to so i used a pic that was a sample pic.

Hydrangeas.jpg

Edited by pap
  • Like 1

double clicking on picture in file folder does not send to LOU page.

How long has this new format been out?

Its a PITA to login also.

Something is not right.

I should be able to navigate to the picture folder from "choosefiles"

Jellyfish.jpg

Jellyfish.jpg

Edited by pap
i just went through the exact motions I said and posted two pics,just to see. you might have to scroll up to see whats going on.
  • Like 1

I haven't tried to post a for sale ad since the web site was redone this year. I hope they didn't change how things worked last year. You can always contact a site moderator. They are helpful when they are able to help.