Doing something very wrong on Keuka..... any help?

I'm sure I'll catch alot allot of crap for this and its almost definitely wrong but food for thought. Maybe gobies would be a positive thing for this lake. They took off quick in Cayuga and have yet to really do much harm to the trout fishery. I'm unsure what they have done if anything to panfish and bass. But maybe Kueka could actually benefit from having another type of bait fish in the system. As we've seen in Cayuga everything from perch to salmon and trout feed on them heavily. The small mouth love them too so it could probably benefit the bass fishermen As Well so that their pride and joy doesn't decline too. I'm sure this will bring up many mixed opinions as they are an invasive non native species but alewives weren't native either...

Edited by suttontroller94

Some more food for thought is that gobies may be carrying botulism and as bottom feeders they accrue many toxins from the bottom and what they eat. This stuff may funnel right up the food chain.

Edited by Sk8man

Laker count- 8/10 on Wednesday , 6/7 yesterday. Spoons back 30-50, a few fish on 7 lead core off the planners. All deep, 90 - 110 down. Everywhere around the bluff and up each branch a bit. Very scattered. Not much bait at all. Empty stomachs, all on the smoker as we speak. Tossed back the 4.5 pounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yes Sir, I was joking as well. With a few friends up from PA. We just pulled in 5/6. Nothing wrong with these fish for the smoker. Hope the rest of the season holds.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 4 weeks later...