savant goby

Gobi imitations have been working well this year on the browns with the Stinger Glow Gobi being hot. Gobis hug the bottom so they should be fished there. I tried the Yeck Gobi but couldn't buy a bite. I haven't tried a gobi since the browns moved deeper and suspend a bit more. I haven't tried the brand you cite. Mine may stay in the tackle box until next year.

The Stinger glow gobi is a copper cup with a subtle glow paint strip on the front along one side. Jon's Little Salmon still has them available.

Were your hits on the bottom or were you up a bit?

The browns in Mexico Bay have been showing a hunger for NK-28 Glow Frogs. I took a hit on a Stinger Ice Frog within a few minutes of lowering it but the spoon broke. I'm reluctant to try another while the Glow Frogs are working so well. An added benefit of the glow frog is that you may be surprised by a stray king that comes in close.

Samonite - not a charter here just a weekend warrior, just seemed like a good name for the boat.

Jekyll - both fish were towards mexico bay 150ish ft of water, probably 20 ft of bottom. They were hard hits and taking drag, both seemed like kings. (I need to remember to sharpen the hooks a bit). The hits were on sat with brite sun lite, when I ran the spoon again on sunday with rain, not a touch, so try again this weekend I hope. I run the glow frog from time to time for kings, mag size mostly maybe the 28 on a slider.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Salmonite, there is a charter boat in rochester named Dreamcatcher, the Capt fished with me a couple of times in the 80's and got the bug pretty bad himself!! Be careful 'cause he used to be a weekend warrior with a good job and lots of money, now he's an addict like me and has......well we won't go there!!

CC