Cannon Speed temp gage issue

I've had mine down to about 120 without any problems .thats as deep as i've tried it so far. Do you run the coated cable? did you strip a section for the connection of the probe? Does your wire pass through the spring antana ? My buddy runs his with the antana taped to the rigger next to the line for easy removal and has problems past 75-80 feet . One other thing I've heard is to put a wet paper towel folded up over the spring when running deeper for better reception. just some thoughts .good luck

MIke

Been using the SNT since they came out. I have had lots of issues,but I finally got one that works. I still have to use a wet towel wraped around the rigger boom and antenna to use below 100'. Cannon can't give me a reason why this, works but it does.

I usually change the battery when it gets below about 8 v but 7.5 should be good .I had issues with mine the first year but mostly just learning it . Have had it for 3 years now and no other problems after figuring it out . I hardly ever run that deep but I would try the wet paper towel trick from what I've heard it works. I'm going out tomarrow I will play with mine a little and see how deep I can go

Mike

Thanks I'll give that a try next trip out.

What kind of weights are you guys running with the probe? i have some older fish shaped weights I have and I do get quite a bit of blow back. Maybe it's the depth or the probe not sure as I have only had it out a couple trips so far.

One thing I did notice is my down speed always seems about .5 mph slower than my up speed. Does that sound normal?

Thanks again,

Spike

Spike My SNT does the same thing I also put a wet towel around the spring and BAM no loss of signal. I am going to reterminate the spring this fall. that could be the problem. How did you do at Lake O last weekend did you make it out?

Spike My SNT does the same thing I also put a wet towel around the spring and BAM no loss of signal. I am going to reterminate the spring this fall. that could be the problem. How did you do at Lake O last weekend did you make it out?

We got out but were not tuned in, lol. Been 20 or so years since I have been out there (switched to ocean fishing). We managed 5 or so steelies and 2 browns and a laker. Sux when the weather dictates where and how you fish. Struggled to keep a consistant speed going into the wind.

Spike

Spike:

Try taping the mount yoke you made. All that bare steel radiates signal just like bare sections on the cable will cause signal loss and lessened depth. Wrap it with a self-adhering electrical tape or liquid electrical tape.