Question on depth

Some of you are fishing deep water for salmon, 200 plus. I know the temp your looking for is 44 plus. What is the average depth your setting up at on your riggers? What seems to be the average depth your find the right temp. It varies I know but looking to see where most set there deepest down rigger. Seeing fish on the finder helps but if the screen was blank.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Couple yrs ago ,Orleans county derby, the Lakers disappeared. Leaderboard was week so we tried targeting deep Lakers. We started in 120 off the Nose pushing North. 175-200 we started making heavy on the bottom and dropped the riggers. We literally caught King after King hugging the bottom in that range. The first one to hit we thought we a winning derby Laker only to surprise us with a King. After multiple King came into the boat we realized we have no clue where the Lakers went [emoji23].

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Couple yrs ago ,Orleans county derby, the Lakers disappeared. Leaderboard was week so we tried targeting deep Lakers. We started in 120fow off the Nose pushing North. 175-200fow we started marking heavy on the bottom and dropped the riggers. We literally caught King after King hugging the bottom in that range. The first fish to hit, we thought we had a winning derby Laker, only to surprise us with a King. After multiple Kings came into the boat, we then realized we have no clue where the Lakers went [emoji23].

On a blank screen I set probe rigger at 52 degrees, center rigger 50 degrees and bottom rigger at 45 degrees. Then let the active fish tell you where they are. If the screen has fish I work off what I'm seeing

Jeremy thanks. I have often wondered what a good starting point is for my two riggers. I will try one at 52 degree water and one at 45 degree water.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've caught lakers as deep as 250'  on the finger lakes.That was not 250' of line out it was drop the rigger until it touched bottom in 250'  of water. Over 300' of cable out and we had to slow way down. The funny thing was many of the fish we got were small!   Wes