No trim up

FLXTroutman

Okay before I ask the marina to look at her , I can't get my trim to go up. I just want to make sure this isn't something simple I am overlooking. The motor is a 260 HP Mercruiser not sure exactly what kind of trim pump it is? It will make noise depressing the switch down, the sound it made when it was on its way down at fully lowered position. However if I depress switch up no sound, no movement. Any suggestions before I have to the pros?

FLX,

Does your boat have the trailer up button? Mine had an up and down and the trailer button. The guy that owned the boat before me had work done on the shifter and the mechanic did not hook the switch up correctly. I just used the trailer button until my mechanic had other work to do on my boat.

FLX,

Does your boat have the trailer up button? Mine had an up and down and the trailer button. The guy that owned the boat before me had work done on the shifter and the mechanic did not hook the switch up correctly. I just used the trailer button until my mechanic had other work to do on my boat.

Had the same problem as Gambler. Used the 'Trailer' button until the mechanic was able to re-wire it properly.

Check the solenoids in the back on the trim pump, there are 2 of them. 1 has a blue wire to it, the other has a green wire to it. Unbolt them, 2 bolts, and clean off the brass connection points, then reinstall. If that doesn't work, either one of them is shot, or it is a wiring issue on the outdrive where the trim sensors are. These have black wire running to them, they are located on the sides, near the top of the outdrive.

• 1 month later...