Blizzard? Conditions April 4th

At times, we couldn't see 100 yards through this blowing snow. Sustained winds 25-35 mph, gusts over 50mph. It blew one of our red chairs off the back deck, and it's a steal frame patio chair. This pic doesn't capture the worst of it. Then we lost power for over 5 hours.

Where the heck is Spring!!!?

IMG_20180404_155640492.thumb.jpg.c3a6ff0c3aa2aced9ac65632eecb3bd8.jpg

Edited by Todd in NY

OMG I’m with ya there bud, we lost power for 3-4 hrs this evening, trees all over the roads? I had to laugh, the tree trimmers just cut what the bare minimum was to rid the problem, now the same trees are across the roads:dull:. they cut a Y in the top of the trees for the wires to pass through, now which ever way the tree falls other then with the wires one way or the other?? What is something like this other than “job security” :lol: at our cost. Running a gen. Isn’t a profitable way of doing thing, it can get costly quick!!

I remember a late spring snow that really raised havoc with everyone, I can remember we still had the property on the Perch river so early to mid 80’s it snowed at least 6-8” maybe more but the boats took a beating. The heavy wet snow bent, tore, smashed everyone’s soft tops and we shoveled the snow out of our boat which was totally open and sat way down in the water, with all that weight from the heavy wet snow. So many guys were just sickened buy the damage that was done to their boat. The canopy people were going nuts trying to get all that work done before someone else finished up for fear the guy would go elsewhere. It really was sad to see those boats canopies just smashed down on their boats.

April is always a questionmark....way back when my buddy outdoor writer Scott Sampson took my pic while I was stream fishing first day of trout season  on an unnamed stream near Seneca Lake and I was up to the top of my hip boots in snow at the edge of the stream. A few days later I was in a tee shirt in 60 plus degrees :lol:

Believe me guys I hate to see the snow too but the longer the water stays cold in the streams, the longer the fingerlings stay in the pens.  If the streams warm up to fast, the fingerlings have to be released sooner.  

There's no chance for the water to warm up in Jefferson County NY. It was 17* this morning, and they are calling for snow in the forecast as late as next Wednesday. All the standing water in my hay fields is froze solid right now. Wind chill is 5*.

We are supposed to get hit with snow again this coming weekend, ugh yea tonight into Saturday which according to the weather map it appears that it will intensify off the coast of Jersey and cover the area of eastern basin of LakeO they were even saying northern part of Pa. could see lake effect snows???:lol: I don’t mind the cold but I can’t even think about uncovering my boat, the first Saturday in May will be here and I’ll still have snow on my tarp. :envy: