Seneca Fish Camp

Those fried fillets look great.  Now you mentioned after the milk soak that you freeze them.  Is that a short freeze so the meat sets up and holds together for frying?

Have some soaking and ready to fry tonight.

Thanks,

Greg

On 7/6/2018 at 9:08 PM, Reel Doc said:

I followed his instructions including the same coating.  They were great.  Might add some Old Bay seasoning to the coating next time to give it a slight kick. 😁

Sounds good Ill get some and give it a try. thanks

Carol and I got back out the other day plan was to hit the same area where I fished with her brother Bill.... got over there and wind was coming from north and picking up. So ran above Samson to first point turned and set up just three rods.......picked up a 5.5# laker and boxed it......92 feet down back 12 feet 96 feet of water dodger peanut .....after a bit turned and went back up , picked a 18" laker close to same spot......go to starting point tuned and back thru......nothing this time so we stayed heading south looking for some sliver fish ......picked up one sub legal laker , two misses then called it went back to camp

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Seneca lake has fish after all.  Over the next couple years with no lampreys it will be right back.

Agreed the small ones taste the best! Just like deer, you can't eat the horns on a big buck and his meat is musty.  Spring born or yearlings are the best eating!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, ERABBIT said:

WOW been a long time since I put a report up.....hope this year I get on the water more and do some posting

Was wondering what you have been up to.  Glad to see you are back again and look forward to your posts

On 4/25/2018 at 10:58 AM, ERABBIT said:

Camp open , boat here , almost ready for 1st trip of 2018 . just renewed fishing license...... good luck to everyone and have fun..... 

Welcome back Ed.  If it makes it easier I can pick up spoons from dllott and meet you on the lake after the derby sometime. He is just up the road from me. Although I may not make the derby as boat is in the shop. What timing. 🥶