Daily Limits Between Two Countries

I have a question. If I have both a New York License and also an Ontario license  ,can I keep combined limits from both countries on the same day???

Providing I caught each limit in that country?

I'm guessing no , but cant find anything other than what New York says above transporting fish into New York.

No , You can only keep 1 limit !   If the Canadian limit is more than the N.Y limit like salmon , you can bring the extra  fish back to the US but don,t stop to fish here for another Species , you will get ticketed for being over the limit , If you Get checked at the dock , produce a Licence from Canada and you will be ok  .

Believe me I'm not looking to get in a legal fight or fill the boat with fish. Walleye on st Lawrence for example ,US has 3 limit ,Canada has 4 if you have the correct license.
But if I went back to dock with the 4 fish even showing both licenses I think I should be good.

And yes the GPS tracker would be a help in case of issues I agree.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The regulations guide states:

• A person may not have in possession, or intentionally kill or injure fish other than the sizes specified and allowed for that species on a given water.
  • A person may not possess, kill or unnecessarily injure fish in excess of the daily limit for that species

Does not say anything about "except if caught in another country, state" etc..  You would be in possession of one fish over your NYS limit returning to port in New York State.  Maybe an ECO would cut you the slack, but do you really want to risk it for one set of fillets?  Also, remember that on the Canadian side they play hardball with violations and could confiscate your boat if you are over one of their "lines."

If you Really want to settle this call the ECO in your area , Not the office but the direct number  of the ECO which are listed in most state regulation Guides . This way you will get the answer from the man who you will be dealing with on the dock or on the water . Been there Done that . his answer is sometimes different than the office person trying to interpret the regulation book . 

Yes, you could tie up all the ECO's with questions, or you could just read the book, which clearly spells out that you are not allowed to be in possession of more than the daily NYS limit while you are on the waters of the State.  If you don't trust the regulations guide, you could go right to the actual Codes, Rules, and Regulations , which is where the NYS Law sends you on this issue, and what the ECO will be working from.  To quote from  NYSCRR (6-CRR NY 10.2)  Boundary Waters  (my bold added) :

"10.2 Boundary water fishing regulations.

(a) Lake Erie, Lake Ontario, Niagara River and St. Lawrence River.
(1) Notwithstanding the provisions of section 10.1 of this Part and in accordance with Table A in paragraph (2) of this subdivision, no person, when fishing in Lake Erie, Lake Ontario, Niagara River and St. Lawrence River and their tributaries upstream to the first barrier impassable to fish except tributaries to the St. Lawrence River in Franklin County and Clinton County which are exempt from regulations in this section, shall take or possess on these waters or the shores thereof fish of the species listed:
(i) other than during the open season specified for such species;
(ii) of a size less than that specified for such species; and
(iii) in excess of the daily limit specified for such species."

and excerpted from (2):
Walleye First Saturday of May through March 15 18″