Oak docked boats

RYE

If your boat is docked on the oak below marine park you may want to look it over for potential damage resulting from sheriffs  emergency marine response yesterday afternoon as they traveled towards lake. Moored boats were knocked around fairly violently at their docks. Marina staff reported damage to one boats' swim platform as a result.  Just a heads up.

30 minutes ago, Paul Czarnecki said:

A boat sank in 130fow off the oak yesterday afternoon. The Sheriff was in a hurry and needed to be. It went down very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I hate hearing stories like this hopefully everyone is OK. 

2 hours ago, Paul Czarnecki said:

A boat sank in 130fow off the oak yesterday afternoon. The Sheriff was in a hurry and needed to be. It went down very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The sheriff COULD HAVE put his boat on plane and left a very small wake, but instead he "half planed" it the whole way out the channel causing a much bigger wake. I watched this and just shook my head.

• Like 3

A boat from the late 70s judging from the motor hanging off the rotted out transom by the steering and control cables. Tough call on going full speed out of the harbor and having someone pulling out of a slip and possibly getting T Boned. Vs half speed and throwing a monster wake. Glad to see a successful rescue in any case.