Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FishnChef

Musky reel recommendations

Looking at buying a dedicated musky baitcasting reel. Generally I run 80 lb braid so it would need to have enough capacity for that and also it would need to be right hand retrieve. Looking for something in the $200 range. I was eyeballing the Abu Revo 4 winch but seems like it might be a little light in the capacity department and though I've never caught a truly large muskie I know they're not known for their blistering runs  so maybe  100 yards is enough line. Will primarily be used on the st. Lawrence. Also while I have your attention does anybody know where I can get a couple Baker baits?

Edited by FishnChef

Wow, umm ok. And why would I want to spend $200-500 on one lure.   I know they catch fish and are works of art but damn. I think I'll go with some $40 wander shads

Zachs also on here, msg him.Reel wise.... They're a bit more but I'm very happy with my Abu beast.U can get them for 300 or just under that( try tackle warehouse).I use #80 cortland spectron with it,has held up well. Goodluck.

sol

Thanks for the reply. I ended up going with the Daiwa lexa 400 hd high speed reel.  might be a little larger than I need but seems to tick all the boxes hasn't gotten here yet, should be here Tuesday. looking to try some new areas on the st-lawrence this year as my combined 5 days in the Massena area and two days in Clayton produced zero fish so next time I'll probably launch out of Ogdensburg.  I refuse to be discouraged