autopilot

outback kennels

Nope but you can by them used, I have one on a 31 Silverton and it does a reasonably good job keeping it in a straight line as long its not super windy. All other solutions were 1000’s of dollars. I think I picked mine up for 600

Check into the lowrance cable steer outboard pilot. I think I remember reading that guys installed them on IO boats and they work great. 

My hydraulic outboard pilot works great with twin outboards even though Lowrance says it won't. 

Simrad ap24

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
I am about to try a unusual Lowrance idea. I have a Lowrance Hds7 gen 2 touch. I bought the hydraulic autopilot last year but to install on an outboard. I never installed it and l am planning to sell the boat since I went bigger. The new boat is an I/O with a mercruiser alpha 1 gen 2 out drive. I plan to install a machine type hydraulic cylinder to the out drive steering arm. The cyl will be about $100. It will be controlled by the Lowrance pump /controller. It will need a bypass valve to be engaged when the autopilot is off otherwise the cylinder will lock up. I will let you know how it works in the spring.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I am about to try a unusual Lowrance idea. I have a Lowrance Hds7 gen 2 touch. I bought the hydraulic autopilot last year but to install on an outboard. I never installed it and l am planning to sell the boat since I went bigger. The new boat is an I/O with a mercruiser alpha 1 gen 2 out drive. I plan to install a machine type hydraulic cylinder to the out drive steering arm. The cyl will be about $100. It will be controlled by the Lowrance pump /controller. It will need a bypass valve to be engaged when the autopilot is off otherwise the cylinder will lock up. I will let you know how it works in the spring.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

please do sounds like it will work

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app