Yes, its that time of year

Fishstix

I just painted and taped up a new batch of spoon blanks. This comming year Im loading up with brass ,copper,and gold.

Last years silver stuff just didnt produce much. Orange did not kick in either. Ive got enough of that left for next year also.

I think if a guy could come up with the yellowpurplishbrown that you see in the sides of a gobie you would have something.

Im close but dont think im quite there yet. Next season will tell.

I lost my camera program when my last computer crashed so no pictures. My "son in law is supposed to get it going for me"

I seen in previous posts about gold and copper NBKs. Im not a factory guy but yes that is a great spoon. The 'stinger version"

produced all season. The fishstix version did well also.

To me it just seems more fun to get your own stuff working.If you can help anouther fella catch a fish ,thats a plus .

When i was younger and my father was taking me out with the guys I started tapping up spoons in between fish. I'm sure he was like WTF! But he never told me I couldn't. Anyway, it seems like all the spoons I tapped up eventually caught a fish, so it was very rewarding to me. So, the year that the ESLO went from 4 days to 11 days in the Spring one of my contraptions caught us the Grand Prize fish on Friday and the 1st place fish on Saturday. If the ESLO would have stayed at 4 days we would have had both, but we eventually got beat out during the week and the following weekend.

SO, I showed Billy how to paint spoons in MS Paint a week or two ago and I'm sure you can imagine the silly patterns we came up with. I did, however, paint up a mock version of that spoon I mentioned above. I hope to have NK or someone else paint one up. Its the blue one n the right. Mine was a silver blank spoon, but I want to get that and another version of it with a super glow base coat.

aV1jfb0.jpg

Here are some other combos I did up:

aV1ju8S.jpg

aV1jE7r.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I just painted and taped up a new batch of spoon blanks. This comming year Im loading up with brass ,copper,and gold.

Last years silver stuff just didnt produce much. Orange did not kick in either. Ive got enough of that left for next year also.

I think if a guy could come up with the yellowpurplishbrown that you see in the sides of a gobie you would have something.

I lost my camera program when my last computer crashed so no pictures. My "son in law is supposed to get it going for me"

I seen in previous posts about gold and copper NBKs. Im not a factory guy but yes that is a great spoon. The 'stinger version"

To me it just seems more fun to get your own stuff working.If you can help anouther fella catch a fish ,thats a plus .

Hey Tim,

Check the new DW line up for this year. I came up with two "gobie" patterns last year that DW has added to the line. One has the yellow and brown you're looking for and was a terrific BT producer for some guys on the East end last year and was absolutely DYNAMITE on the Lake Erie walleyes. I wish I could say it produced lots of browns for me but we just didn't see any at the Oak last year. The other is a green/brown/gold pattern that also produced well.

See ya at the swap meet!

Paul

Free Spirit

• 2 weeks later...

Yankee, Your blue/white/black seed design looks a lot like the Moonshine Dancing Anchovy.

I had good luck with the Moonshine lures last season... the Carbon-14 and the Flounder Pounder were a couple of my best producing spoons.

JAM

Hey Tim,

Check the new DW line up for this year. I came up with two "gobie" patterns last year that DW has added to the line. One has the yellow and brown you're looking for and was a terrific BT producer for some guys on the East end last year and was absolutely DYNAMITE on the Lake Erie walleyes. I wish I could say it produced lots of browns for me but we just didn't see any at the Oak last year. The other is a green/brown/gold pattern that also produced well.

See ya at the swap meet!

Paul

Free Spirit

Do you guys know who carries the "4 DW" size Dreamweaver spoons, they are 3 1/2", most ads I see do not list em.