Possible new tourny!

I wanted to tell you guys about a tourney that is being planned for the day after the Niagara Pro-Am. It will be similar format to the Big Boy tourneys in Mich that follow there pro ams.

The entry fee will be $1000.00. I know I know!! :o Dont shoot the messanger!!

Port: Olcott only

12 fish limit weigh in. One day tourney.

Payout: Structure with 25 or less Boats.

If there are more than 25 they will pay 5 postions deep.

More of the rules to be posted as we see what interest might be. This format is followed in Michigan the day after a lot of there pro ams. It will be nice to see if this has some interest in our Lake.

Please dont shoot the messanger on this just trying to see who may be interested. I am not involved in any way with this other posting it on the internet for these guys.

I don't know how many teams would even be able to fish it after blowing off work some of the week before to pre fish, fish all weekend, and then do the same for the Orleans pro am the next weekend. That's a lot of money to shell out to fish almost 2 weeks straight between entry fees and all other expenses. Many boats will stick around though since Orleans is the next week. - Mick

That's kinda what I was thinking Mick. It's to rich for my blood, but right after the Niagara most of us are transitioning for the Orleans event the following weekend. I may be wrong Brian, but I just can't see a Monday tournament having much success. The Friday pre fish tournaments were very successful last year. It seemed like most had 50-60 or more teams. Expanding on that may have a better chance.....but a grand entry fee.......I dunno about that. Especially with the addition of two Scotties for 09.

Guys thanks for the input I do appreciate it very much. Last I heard we had 18 teams that have made verbal commitments. We figure somewhere around 25 boats. Thats about the norm for these Big Boy shoot outs in other parts of the country.

I for one may have 6 guys on the boat to help me defray the cost some.

Again thanks for the input.

Brian

That's great Brian. Hope It works out. I'll be around that day getting ready to head to Orleans, so If anyone needs an extra teammate just give me a shout ;)

One Question) Will you be letting In last day sign-ups or Is It pre registration only?