Test of HD video

LOC Derby

We are working on getting videos in three levels of resolution on the web. I have disabled the response on the site, so if you could respond here with problems that would be appreciated. When you get to the page you will notice three buttons for the quality. When you click the quality some very small numbers will start moving and you have to wait until it gets to 100%. Choosing the quality depends on your connection. If you have dial-up, ONLY choose the smallest version. Also you must have the latest version of Adobe flash installed. For those that have high speed, please try and do the HD version. It may take about 5-10 min for the hd version to load. Please respond with which resolution you can watch and any problems. Thanks! (This video is only a couple of minutes long, it was taken from a 15 minute version.)

Here is the link

http://exposureroom.com/6bd8427c87bf484 ... 69d6800ab/

Dave Chilson

OK ladies and gentlemen, it appears that the quality may be set too high. With my computer and others I have spoken to, rendering times between the versions does not seem to be too different, all of them seem to take too long. It can take up to 15 minutes to view so I think we have to go back and try and downconvert to a different format. We still want a large size so that when we show "how to rig a dipsey" where the detail is needed, it still can be seen. Also there is a feature that lets you download a copy on the lower left of the page. If anyone has done that could you please respond to see if that option works and what viewer you used to view it.

Thanks

Dave Chilson

Dave -

Took me a little over 17 minutes to buffer the full video (medium size) for playback. Like you said, might be a little too big for internet users. I am on a T1 connection here at work so it is typically pretty fast.

The video itself is amazing with respect to quality (both video & audio). Very impressive! :yes::clap:

Chad

HI Dave,

Video looked good on all 3 scales. Only problems were on HD scale the video was too big for the screen. Since it is only a couple minutes long portion you can watch, start at 30-40% download hit play instead of waiting for full 15 minute download. Only difference i noticed was the size of the screen it played on for the 3 quality options. NICE STUFF!!!

JERRY

RUNNIN REBEL

PS Seafood mon nite 16th let me know.

Jerry,

What size screen did you view it on and was it square vs widescreen? I don't have a square screen to view it on, so I guess I also need to take that into account. I think the "medium" size has fit on all types so I will concentrate on getting those file sizes smaller. I don't think I can stay with the 264 codec so I may have to rerender the clip and transcode it differently. I'll try to get it done today but it took almost 6 hours to render and post that short clip in HD. Hopefully this will take less time. If anyone has a high def set up, I can get a disc or two burned of the whole piece and we can circulate them around. I gave one to Gustin but I doubt I will be getting it back anytime soon. FYI A PS3 player works great with a HD TV and has the ability to read almost any BluRay disc.

Dave

PS Mon sounds great but is carp a "seafood"?

Rick-Billy,

It is only a short 2-3 minute PARTIAL of the 15 min video. He faded it out on purpose just to see how the first run goes.

Dave,

I have a 19" square screen and yes the medium size will work all screens best.

AGAIN you do not have to down load full 15-17 minutes just hit play at about 30-40% loaded.

Dave as far as using the 264 codec transcoder, I would concentrate on upgrading to the Z-WAVE redigerator valve version. See hank for replacement redigerator valve gasket kits. If not musky can sit on some rubber bands.

THAT'S FOR THE CARP COMMENT!!!

JERRY

RUNNIN REBEL