Small boat Derby

No intention to change your plans or thread. I just thought why limit it to one person if some have 2.

I like the idea and maybe have it be remote catch and release. I think up north they measure length, picture and release.

Could have people post all morning long from many ports.

Low cash could lower the funny business?

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

You can fish any Derby on the lake legal with 2 + guys . 

There is nothing for us loners .

Yes , low cash entry . Right now it's not about the money . 

I like the catch and release , that could be done . 

There  is a lot  time till September .

This is in its infancy . You have to start somewhere . Maybe it gets,bigger . 

I like one port and limited area so everyone is on a level field .And we keep eye on each other .  We all know some ports are better certain days .

Love to see this get to 20 + boats .   

I would def be interested to n a tourney like that. May have to make it like one day out of a week tho. Being small boat sometimes the o won't play nice and may not allow small boats to get in the lake. So having a wide array of dates might be beneficial. 

There was a time I thought I wanted to get in the tournament circuit . Man I'm glad I did not . My nature is to win  so all my fishing time and dollars would be involved with that . I would miss all the other  actual fishing I so enjoy . 

Now that I'm on the water I fish a lot . I don't have the resources to get boat and  equipment to compete . Or the time to prep , practice ,etc. 

So I will fish the LOC when I can and hopefully this small boat thing takes off a little and we can have a few a year for fun . 

• Like 1

I would be interested, safety concerns I might have a friend, family member a long.

September, well that can be a tough month. Weather is rapidly changing. I live close to the lake, fished it starting 74. Long time. September any day at 8 am calm, 11 am 6 footers. Just thinking mid August?  I'm not throwing water on it just cautiously watching this thread build.

I  fish a,lot Sept to early Oct for staggers . 

And the lake is flat a lot . Some years . 

Have to pick the day , if it's rough ,it's off. 

If it gets rough , it's off . 

If I put this together , it's 1 man only . 

I don't want anyone to feel unsafe or uncomfortable . So if you do, definitely , don't go . 

Maybe there won't be enough interest  to have it . 

We will see . 

So could you limit to one or two but only allow 3 rods and boats under 19' 6"

I fished a number of derbies from an 18 foot boat 2 guys 4 rods ( Canada ) knowing we were fishing against boats with 10 or more rods bugged me but partner said we only need Kings not junk lines (cashed in a couple )

Could be big fish rather than big box and if people were kept up to date nonqualifiers could be released.