2020 WATERFOWL SEASON !!!!

Northern trip was a blast , yesterday morning my 1 friend hurt his ankle at the ramp and had to go back to camp. So me and Jim headed out . We had good action all morning lots of teal and wood ducks and some gadwall and widgeon. We got our limit of ducks and I got 2 bands.
Today I went out solo to the same spot and just about the same thing . Woodies, teal , a mallard , and another band. Great all around weekend. IMG_20201004_094103.jpeg1601746951974.jpegIMG_20201004_071355.jpegIMG_20201004_093938.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to the Western opener this weekend - was hoping to get my "quarantine project boat" out, but not looking like there's gonna be enough water where I hunt... gonna have to paddle again :)

Full (2).jpg

Stern 2 (3).jpg

Edited by Big Spoon
  • Like 2

Looking forward to the Western opener this weekend - was hoping to get my "quarantine project boat" out, but not looking like there's gonna be enough water where I hunt... gonna have to paddle again [emoji4]
736123354_Full(2).thumb.jpg.449ecc0e93b0dade7a04245ad9cf8ebb.jpg
1038745749_Stern2(3).thumb.jpg.46f77aeef8af2deef7779e4f1adf380e.jpg
Nice rig !!! Just did a drive around water is real low. Good luck

I live on the southwest corner of Braddocks and don’t duck hunt anymore.
Place is a war zone on opening day.
What time is legal shoot? Curious to listen to the action in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Went to our spot in Sterling only to find 2 guys saying they had permission too. My friend who has permission called the owner later in the day and found out we are the only ones that can hunt there. I hope to run in to those two again :swear:. This morning I killed 2 pheasants over Hank. I am blessed to have such a good, well rounded dog. Good luck and safe hunting

• Like 1

Killed 2 more roosters over Hank today in a field that has been hunted hard all weekend with no birds put in it since Saturday morning. I say killed 2, Hank caught one, a wounded bird with a broken wing. With freezers full of moose meat, I plan on hunting Hank every day I am not working for anything with wings. Good luck and safe hunting.

13 hours ago, whaler1 said:

If you need room in the freezer I’d be happy to help you out!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

LOL It is funny how many people have dropped little hints about helping me out with freezer space. On the menu for tonight  is grilled moose tenderloin, mallard and pheasant breast. I can't say this enough, but I am soooo blessed.

• Like 1

Hunted a swamp this morning we got permission for last year and what a day . Lots of action woodies, Mallards ,teal and geese. I watched lots of Mallards this morning land then fly away. [emoji848] Look at "sky " look at me (why didn't u shoot them )[emoji23] next weekend. 1603551573295.jpegIMG_20201024_074507.jpegIMG_20201024_072840.jpeg

• Like 2

Hunted ducks this am. We killed 11, 6 different species, and a goose. People are ice fishing in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta already, and the duck migration shows it. Bluebills started showing up in the Finger Lakes last week and we killed Redheads today. Good luck and safe hunting.

Hit the beaver dam again, lots of woodies first light then it slowed down. Buddy got lucky that I shot his crippled duck going down the creek it had some shiny things stuck to its leg !!! Couldn't believe the one wood duck could even fly it only had its pin feathers. IMG_20201031_091929.jpegIMG_20201031_082505.jpegIMG_20201031_073825.jpegIMG_20201031_073802.jpegIMG_20201031_092831.jpeg

• Like 2