Started at 1:30, still out here. Chop is perfect, overcast is perfect, water temp is 44.5, but water is gin clear from 9’ out to 70’ didnt check past that. 2 boards out with sticks and a Sutton down 5’ on rigger, nothing. Water needs some color. FYI launching at Sandy creek (Hamlin) water is 2.6’ at shallowest and a guy at the ramp put his double axle over the end of the concrete pad and got stuck, we could not get it out of the water, not sure how he ended up. Beautiful day to be on the water, but the dogs expression explains the fishing....IMG_1095.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 4

Was there when you launched. I was in the yak just downstream from the launch. He got it out with an assist from the town with a crane. His lucky day. No way that was coming out without some serious assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

well then I guess that answers whether there's a curb at the bottom of the concrete to keep you from backing in too far...or somebody ignored it...glad the town was able to help him out.

• 2 weeks later...

Launched my 20' Lund there on a double axle trailer yesterday. No problem, just ease her in slow, it's still very shallow and I'm sure I was probably close to the edge.  I used the south ramp(closet to the bridge).

Edited by muskie magnet

• 2 weeks later...

Bring a pair of hip waiters and a 5ft rod of some sort. Find the end of the pad a poke the rod in close to the dock. better safe than sorry. I went there today and measured  with a stick and there's just about 3ft near the end of the dock. Recent rain brought it up a little since last week. Forecasted more off and on over next week. Low trailer should be good for awhile.

Edited by Steve.e