Keuka Landlock's?

Here is what I find interesting, the DEC web site says they stocked thousands and thousands of LL's in 2008. I suppose they are just feeding the Lakers when they do so, so why bother? It would be nice to see a little better fish management on Keuka. I know it is hard, and I salute the folks that do it. But, from what I have seen and heard on this posting........the Lakers rule the Lake. If the fish control was managed as well as folks seem to manage the growth of the wineries, we would all have browns and Lakers in the box.

Mike, I will have to look for you on the water. I am in Brandy Bay....Blue/Silver Crestliner w/rigger hanging out the back.

Dave

The best place to catch Keuka landlocks could be............Dresden. Many of NY's landlocks move downstream. Any that travel too far down Keuka outlet would eventually end up in Seneca. (or occasionally even Lake Ontario).

It would be interesting to see would happen if the Keuka landlocks were fin clipped with a unique clip.

I suspect that Keuka's hungry lake trout have a greater impact on the rainbow fishery, since the rainbows are much smaller when they enter the lake than the stocked landlocks and browns. :)