NYS Parks 2009

L&M

Oh well we'll live through this one. ;)

No different than the private sector in this ecomony; lots of stores a cutting out their least productive hours of operation. For instance I somehow think that not opening the beaches until school's out kinda just makes sense. :clap: cold water+school in session=empty shores...

that said, I'm waiting for the other show to drop: next we're going to be reading that docks at the launches are going in at the end of July and out the beginning of Aug. :o hate to think that someone in Albany might believe this would somehow save $. dummer things have happened though :@

They tax us more & give us less service & fewer options. They passed a budget 10% larger than last year, now that is the definition of stupid in these hard times. We pay for too many people who do not work & suck up free bennies from the NYS Govt. We need term limits & and a goverment structure 50% of where it is now! I have not voted for an incumbent in recent years, because they all suck!

if i wernt such a dumb plummer i might cut all the free bussing and housing for criminals families so they can have there congugal visits and get drugs delivered in the jails , stop snow plowing when there is 1/4 " of snow on the roads,have chain gangs and violaters pick up trash along the highway instead of 20.00 per hour state workers ,im shure there must be a pothole or equipt repairs the workers could do. BUT HEY IM JUST A PLUMMER.........FOR JUST ONCE i would like to see a overview commitee of people with common sence to actually discuss ideas BEFORE they are passed.................argggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OH WAIT THATS OUR GOVENER BWAHA HA HA HA HA THE JOKES ON US...This is a j o k e isnt it....opps.

Ray, you are a self-employed business man that has to work to earn a living. The mistakes that you make directly impact you and your family. These wonderful arses from Albany do not see the impact that their bad choices make. Will closing a park bother a person that has never been to a park? Why do they care if the close a public launch, there private launches at their yacht clubs are probably accessible whenever they choose. Does it matter if they raise a tax that they are exempt from paying? Just another case of "if it doesn't affect me or the people close to me it does not matter"! Ray, as a small business owner how much revenue(taxes) do you collect for the state annually? And what is it, one-tenth of a percent that they let you keep for being a tax collector? I'll take a plummer over a politician any day.

Not hiring lifeguards and stopping the swimming at beaches would be more effective if they laid off everybody from the administrators to the grass cutters, after all why do you go to a beach. Who needs the guy to collect the launch ramp fees? Sometime the payroll and administrative costs are more than the fees collected. Before the state came along, we launched are boats ourselves and we got r done.

Who needs the guy to hand you a ticket when you get onto the thruway! I can't believe NY would pay a person to hand a ticket to a person. My daughter told me once she wants that job cuz it looks easy.....

It's the most pathetic waste of money i have ever seen in my life. Sorry if your that guy.