Safety Orange

Gill-T

Its my own lease I hunt on so I don't see why it's really anyone's business what I wear and I do wear orange when I'm moving or if I leave my lease, but inside a box blind you can't see me anyway.  I just think why more laws that aren't enforced and if enforced the individual gets off in court.  Not too mention in my area being spotted near the road leads to wasted time talking to an ECO.  Just because it's an easy way to check people.  My lease is right on the same road as a bunch of state land so they drive by 2 to 4 times a day.  All you have to do is drive down the farmers road to the main road even if you arent hunting and you are getting checked.  I support the concept of wearing some orange just don't think we need another law.  Certainly not as bad as a law limiting xbow axle length! 

Laws are often developed to counter our own stupidity. To save us from ourselves and/or litigation. I had my gun pointed in the direction of an individual that was walking through thick redbrush wearing upper and lower full body carhart brown clothing. The hunter was trespassing on private land. The incident never got to the point that I took the safety off but I was viewing the brown blob through my scope. The incident shook me. It doesn’t matter, public or private land as you never know who is trespassing. The orange hunter safety clothing was part and parcel with the state changing the legal hunting hours. The state probably would not have increased the hunting hours without the changes to hunter orange. 

I where it to and from , but not while on stand. I will continue you doing this no matter what laws are put into place! Why? I also lease and pay alot of money and do a ton of work every year to enjoy deer season. If I wear my orange while I'm elevated every trespasser that comes on my property can see me much much easier. I like to have them nice and close so there is no escape for them! Some things are just out of control these days, next it will be if you want go hunting it's mandatory you have a vaccine!
Let'sgoBrandon!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Years ago, my then 13 YO daughter was "lined up" on a tresspasser during turkey season, while working a bird.... she never had the safety off, but was shaken to the point of tears. I approached the guy and he literally ran away. Orange is a good idea when moving....... Carhartt brown, is not........ The story had a great ending as we called in, and she killed, a beautiful longbeard, 20 days into the season. One of the most memorable hunts of my life.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, JakeyBaby said:

I where it to and from , but not while on stand. I will continue you doing this no matter what laws are put into place! Why? I also lease and pay alot of money and do a ton of work every year to enjoy deer season. If I wear my orange while I'm elevated every trespasser that comes on my property can see me much much easier. I like to have them nice and close so there is no escape for them! Some things are just out of control these days, next it will be if you want go hunting it's mandatory you have a vaccine!
Let'sgoBrandon!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If you catch a trespasser, chances are they will not be wearing orange. This adds an upcharge to their ticket by breaking two laws