Vote Tuesday November 8th

MCF

America has always been a land of extremes in cultural and political differences since its inception, and today is no different; only the issues are different. We have survived a revolution in the 1700's, a civil war in the 1800's, two world wars, and numerous other serious conflicts as well as the Cold War. Our country is imperfect but we differ from many other countries in that we can express our opinions and beliefs freely but that does not mean that Free Speech is without responsibility - both in terms of the individual, or society itself to keep speech and consequent actions stemming from it from leading to anarchy or loss of larger freedoms (e.g. martial law). The tee shirts saying "Freedom is not free" is right on the mark. We should never take our personal or societal liberties for granted. A lot of our fellow Americans have given their very lives to insure this continues. Veterans Day is not just a day to say "Happy Veterans Day", and Memorial Day isn't just "another holiday". Our Constitution and Bill of Rights are the backbone of our country and culture and many folks seem to have forgotten this, or perhaps haven't even been familiarized with their contents. Today the dollar rules the day; witness the funds recently devoted to the elections.....billions of dollars that could be used to solve the homeless problem for example. We have lost trust in our government, the media, and as importantly have lost respect for each other. Differences in beliefs, race, political affiliations, or personal preferences and opinions have come to define impenetrable boundaries which gives the appearance of a society in decline. Our numerous enemies have made inroads in sabotaging a number of important elements of our culture and government (e.g. interference in our electoral process, theft of critical technology, hacking of various supposedly secure websites of governmental agencies etc.). They see us as weakened and vulnerable by this lack of solidarity and lack of trust in our system. Regardless of which party controls things we had better get our act together very soon and stop this highly polarized and charged environment. Just something to think about....

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

Constitution is the basis, however when SCOTUS can interpret it one way one day then interpret it completely differently on another day......hmmm.  Many constitutional decisions have been reversed by subsequent courts.

Unfortunately no law is foolproof.  There are always loop-holes.  There is always someone who finds a way around them. 

Additionally, society is ever changing.  Do we need laws concerning the internet?  Do we need laws about robo calls?  Do we need laws about tracking someone's cell phone or vehicle?  Do we need laws about stem cells or any medical procedure?  Do we need laws concerning crypto? 

As to pork, I fully support the notion that no bill can be more than 500 words long and can have no amendments. 

As long as people don't want to work toward compromise, there's just going to be a lot of "noise."  Afterall, people forget that the Constitution was a compromise.  

A lot of the interpretation is base on the political leanings of the judges . 

On another note we just gave 65 billion to Ukraine . That money is gone . Where did it go ? Now Biden wants to send them a ton more . 

Trump got impeached over Ukraine . 

A missile hits Poland . Zalinsky wants NATO to invoke 5 th amendment and drag us into world war 3 . 

Man there is a whole lot going on there. Sounds a little fishy .

Zalinsky says it was a Russian missile but upon inspection it was what Ukraine uses . 

Was it done to drag us into this quagmire ? 

Get out 

Edited by HB2

22 hours ago, spoonfed-1 said:

No. The Democrats control the Senate. With a win in Georgia by Walker in December, the Senate will be divided 50/50 leaving any tie breaker up to the vice president.

So, I'm looking at the live results ... Dems have 48, and Republicans have 49 in Senate ... Aren't there 2 senators per State? Is it only 1 up for grabs in Georgia ... or both?

Also, it says Dems have 48 seats, not 50 ... ?? Or are they counting the 2 "other" parties as Dems ... why Dems ... are they just left leaning?

Edited by TyeeTanic

So which is it ? A sacred document or the whims of non-elected political hacks that is the basis of the country? 

Not giving them cash as some make it sound.  Military arms & humanitarian aid etc. The cash goes to US and ally companies supplying the stuff.   Name a conflict  that didn't help boost the US economy. 

Amazing how some want a drunk who attemped assault  with a keychain to be locked up yet want a guy who attempted a $400 million bribery to go scott-free.

Zelensky took it back and said he didn't know "100% of the details."  But whatever, it was an old S-300 SAM (surface to air) missle that the soviet union made and all former S.U. bloc countries have them.  They're used to shoot things out of the sky.  What was being shot at?  Why'd it miss? Was it deflected? Was it jammed?  What was the tragectory?  What else, besides the NATO plane was in the sky?

Alexander Pope said "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing..."  Some think it's fun though to cast doubt and further "conspiracy" theories  with very little.  

Remember the way to get people to believe something:  "Keep it simple; exagerate it; and repeat it often."  (Know who said that?  Joseph Goebbels)

TT - Dems have 50.  Rand Paul (Libertarian, is counted as far right Repub.)  Only one seat in Georgia up for re-election.  Senators have staggered elections.

I saw Zalinsky say with his own mouth the missile was Russian . 

And demand we attack Russia . 

Why do you think these Presidents live to get to nominate Supreme Court Judges on their watch ? So they can get a left or right leaning judge . 

All I know is what I see and what I see looks pretty fishy . 

And the best or worst part about all this over there is Trump would have put up with none of it . 

This is what happens when you have a weak President . 

And man , can you imagine if something happens to Joe and he gets sick or one day wakes up and thinks he is Pee Wee Herman ? 

Then Kamala is the leader of the free world . I would love to see her at the helm . The entertainment value there would be priceless . She reminds me of a cross between a 15 year old cheerleader and a female version of Foster Brooks . 

God help us . 

Edited by HB2

Loud aggressive bluster doesn't make one the Red Rascal, but it sure does sell comics.  (Didn't get enough of it last night so even Fox cut away from it) 

Yes, I saw that too but I also saw Zelensky say he didn't have 100% of the details. I also saw the heads of NATO & of Poland say that although it was tragic, it was a response to incoming missiles. 

Some believe it better to "walk quietly and carry a big stick."  That's probably why the 6th fleet is in the Med' and one can spot (on Flightradar24) our drones over the Black Sea as well as stratotankers flying over Poland & Romania.  Additionally, the F35's, F-15 & 18's flying around the UK & all of Europe. Seen any of our satellite pictures? One thing you don't see are our subs in the North Sea, but they're there.

Of course, your boy would have had none of it. He was cutting and diverting defense spending, withdrawing troops from Europe, negotiating the withdrawal from Afghanistan all while trying to build a hotel in Moscow and being friends with Putin and "rocket man." 

Harris would be interesting but certainly better than the ex-exec who reminds me of J Wellington Wimpy...you know the Popeye comic guy that didn't care about anyone as long as he got his hamburger.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TyeeTanic said:

So, I'm looking at the live results ... Dems have 48, and Republicans have 49 in Senate ... Aren't there 2 senators per State? Is it only 1 up for grabs in Georgia ... or both?

Also, it says Dems have 48 seats, not 50 ... ?? Or are they counting the 2 "other" parties as Dems ... why Dems ... are they just left leaning?

I don't know where you are getting this information but trust me. The Democraps still control the Senate and Longline is still full of ****.  I will address his post when I have time but it will be without political implications because the owner and moderators of this site aren't into the political stuff. I will approach his BS strictly from a legal standpoint, I believe they will allow a discussion regarding the legal aspect of executive orders.

Edited by spoonfed-1

We should have gotten out of Afghanistan. But properly . Not the crap show that happened . 

Zalinsky is trying to goad is into that mess . It ain't like the Ukraine is a democracy . A lot of people have full pockets because of American taxpayers I suspect . 

NATO needs to take a bigger part in the security of Europe .Financially and Militarily .  Somebody , I don't remember who , made them finally pony up and pay their share . 

Trump was a business man before he was a President . He has hotels all over the world . He built his empire as a good smart entrepreneur . Capitalism  . He gets endlessly audited by the IRS and if there was something wrong it would be front page 24 /7 . I find it funny these politicians go into Congress broke and walk out millionaires.They can engage in insider trading , what they put Martha Stewart in jail for .  Kathy was fast to give money for the new Bills stadium. But isn't her husband in charge of the concession business there? 

Not everyone can use their politic standing and sell out and be bought off like the big guy  . 

Putin and Kim are pulling this crap on a total Dem watch . They smell weakness . 

Is it the Republicans time to endlessly investigate and impeach now ? 

Trump funded and rebuilt and upgraded  the military  . And thank God he did. But I'm sure Rachel probably spun that . 

Dems  and the mentally weak are being played like fiddles by corrupt  leaders .  And we are losing our beautiful country because of it . 

Runaway inflation ,crime ,defund the police ,  Stampede at the boarder , gas prices , Afghanistan debacle , spying on the Trump campaign ,etc , all Fox news lies . 

It's not what CNN, MSNBC , NPR, or  Networks report on , it's what they don't report on . 

But hey , there is always Jan 6 they can harp  on  whenever they need smoke and mirrors . Or  Russia Russia Russia , which was all proved to be a load of crap . 

Edited by HB2

4 hours ago, LongLine said:

Spfd - yes, please finally do some honest research & enlighten us.  Some would appreciate hearing facts rather than hearing Tucker, Shaun, Beibert or Putin propaganda repeated over, over and over again.

Comrade LL is a loyal apparatchiks the party will reward you 

13 hours ago, LongLine said:

Spfd - yes, please finally do some honest research & enlighten us.  Some would appreciate hearing facts rather than hearing Tucker, Shaun, Beibert or Putin propaganda repeated over, over and over again.

OK. I can't fish today because of wind so I have some time.

How about the American Bar Association?

On 11/16/2022 at 1:49 PM, LongLine said:

Executive orders, while not laws, can have the same effect as laws.  E.O.s are directives from Executive to depts within the Executive branch.  For example: Trumpuska directed Immigration to not allow anyone from 7 Muslim countries entry into the US.  He also ordered Border Patrol to separate kids from parents at the southern border. 

Can an E.O. affect an ordinary citizen?  Yes. The IRS could be directed to aggressively pursue tax cheats. The DOJ could be directed to provide further assistance to local law enforcement. (As they're currently doing in NYS by having AFT & FBI involvement with crimes involving firearms).  TSA could be directed to perform greater security checks at airports. DOD could be directed to alter guidelines for defense spending, consolidation and/or grants.  (Remember Seneca Army Depot?)

As to overriding vetoes: the last one that was overridden (by 322-87 and 81-13 margins) was Trumpuska's veto in Dec 2020 on a defense spending bill.   

BTW, the official count is now 35 GOP spams since election day.  

"An executive order is a signed, written, and published directive from the President of the United States that manages operations of the federal government."

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/resources/teacher_portal/educational_resources/executive_orders/

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/publications/teaching-legal-docs/what-is-an-executive-order-/

The IRS is already tasked with going after tax cheats. The IRS and it's duties are in existence with congressional approval and no executive order can abolish any act of Congress

Perhaps you would like to direct me to the executive order issued to aggressively peruse tax cheats you refer to.

As far as executive orders go they cannot be used to subject private citizens to any specific rules and restrictions.

That directive would have to be done internally like when Obama directed the IRS to target conservative groups.

As far as your constant attacks on Trump largely based on CNN and MSNBC talking points all I'll say about that is take a good look at how great of shape the country is in today relative to 4 years ago. 

Congratulations.!! Nice work.

default_ChimpShakingHead.gif.d13148d47b6f454df8e5f01300ed7564.gif

How hard are you guys up on the lake getting hit with the snow?

Edited by spoonfed-1

Yes, I agree: It's what they don't tell us!

- That Fox didn't tell us that Jessie Benton was just found guilty of funneling $100K to trumpuska's 2016 campaign. No mention that trumpuska pardoned him in '20 for same funneling crime to Iowa senate campaign, just before leaving office.  
- They didn't report that DeSantis's "anti-woke" laws was overturned by District Court in Florida. 
- They didn't report that Title 42 (a trumpuska policy that turned migrants away at southern border and which has been used to turn away 2.5 million people away in '21-22) has been ordered invalid on 15 Dec.

However, on a positive note, they did give airtime to Michelle wearing braids at the White House.

I suggest glancing at Reuters, APnews, UPI, PBS and even BBC, rather than Fox-CNN.

Great quote!  Glad you gave source.  Too bad you didn't read further down where it says: "They are not legislation."  (Hence not laws.)  And even further down where it declares: "only a sitting president can overturn an existing exec order."

I question the last statement by the bar as they also say, on this site:

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/resources/teacher_portal/educational_resources/executive_orders/

"Q: How do you end or overturn an Executive Order?
A: The President who issued an Executive Order can revoke it. Likewise, an incumbent President has the power to revoke an Executive Order issued by a predecessor. Congress also has the power to overturn an Executive Order by passing legislation that invalidates it....Congress could also effectively thwart an Executive Order calling for an action that requires funding by using its power of the purse to deny the necessary funding. Finally, the courts have the power to stay enforcement or ultimately overturn an Executive Order that is found to be beyond the President’s constitutional authority."

Which is exactly what the court did on trumpuska's ord # 13769. (7 country imigration) & then again on his ord #13780.  

Also, my post said "could" not "did" direct to aggressively pursue."  (Great example of reading what you want & not reading what's there) I wonder why the far right voted against more funding for IRS other than being afraid of more audits. (?)  And why McCarthy just said he wants to repeal the additional funding for the IRS in January. 

Come on!  Reminds me of the cartoon scene in Ice Age, where three dodo's jump off the cliff chasing a watermelon. (Which they couldn't eat anyways) Even Candy Owen admitted that your boy is paranoid.

At least I respect your opinion, fought for your right to express yourself and won't call you full of S*** for it.

Only 1/2 inch in Rochester, bright & sunny too.

OMG, 47 spams now.  I admire their persistence in a lost cause.

1 hour ago, LongLine said:

Yes, I agree: It's what they don't tell us!

- That Fox didn't tell us that Jessie Benton was just found guilty of funneling $100K to trumpuska's 2016 campaign. No mention that trumpuska pardoned him in '20 for same funneling crime to Iowa senate campaign, just before leaving office.  
- They didn't report that DeSantis's "anti-woke" laws was overturned by District Court in Florida. 
- They didn't report that Title 42 (a trumpuska policy that turned migrants away at southern border and which has been used to turn away 2.5 million people away in '21-22) has been ordered invalid on 15 Dec.

However, on a positive note, they did give airtime to Michelle wearing braids at the White House.

I suggest glancing at Reuters, APnews, UPI, PBS and even BBC, rather than Fox-CNN.

Great quote!  Glad you gave source.  Too bad you didn't read further down where it says: "They are not legislation."  (Hence not laws.)  And even further down where it declares: "only a sitting president can overturn an existing exec order."

I question the last statement by the bar as they also say, on this site:

"Q: How do you end or overturn an Executive Order?
A: The President who issued an Executive Order can revoke it. Likewise, an incumbent President has the power to revoke an Executive Order issued by a predecessor. Congress also has the power to overturn an Executive Order by passing legislation that invalidates it....Congress could also effectively thwart an Executive Order calling for an action that requires funding by using its power of the purse to deny the necessary funding. Finally, the courts have the power to stay enforcement or ultimately overturn an Executive Order that is found to be beyond the President’s constitutional authority."

Which is exactly what the court did on trumpuska's ord # 13769. (7 country imigration) & then again on his ord #13780.  

Also, my post said "could" not "did" direct to aggressively pursue."  (Great example of reading what you want & not reading what's there) I wonder why the far right voted against more funding for IRS other than being afraid of more audits. (?)  And why McCarthy just said he wants to repeal the additional funding for the IRS in January. 

Come on!  Reminds me of the cartoon scene in Ice Age, where three dodo's jump off the cliff chasing a watermelon. (Which they couldn't eat anyways) Even Candy Owen admitted that your boy is paranoid.

At least I respect your opinion, fought for your right to express yourself and won't call you full of S*** for it.

Only 1/2 inch in Rochester, bright & sunny too.

OMG, 47 spams now.  I admire their persistence in a lost cause.

LOL. Holy mackerel. I think I've just witnessed a total deflection of the original topic followed by an amazing amount of BS. So I have to believe your debate of the facts I posted is based on a completely hypothetical situation invented by you?

Here is my original post you are arguing about'

"Wrong.

Any presidential veto can be overridden by a 2/3 rds vote by both the House and Senate.
As far as executive orders go they cannot be used to subject private citizens to any specific rules and restrictions, nor can they abolish an act of Congress. 

Presidents don't make laws."

Thanks for your service and thanks the weather report. My buddy sent me pictures of my camp in Mexico with a foot plus. I been trying to haul the little boat up and get out in the Bay for Browns for two weeks now. Haven't been able to catch a break with the wind and now the snow. I give up.

Enjoy your holidays.

Edited by spoonfed-1

Just now, spoonfed-1 said:

LOL. Holy mackerel. I think I've just witnessed a total deflection of the original topic. So I have to believe your debate of the facts I posted is based on a hypothetical situation invented by you and not based on law?  Let me make it totally clear. Presidents cannot make laws despite your opinion and hypothetical situations. Try and be better.

Thanks for the weather report. My buddy sent me pictures of my camp in Mexico with a foot plus. I been trying to haul the little boat up and get out in the Bay for Browns for two weeks now. Haven't been able to catch a break with the wind and now the snow. I give up.

18 hours ago, spoonfed-1 said:

I don't know where you are getting this information but trust me. The Democraps still control the Senate and Longline is still full of ****.  I will address his post when I have time but it will be without political implications because the owner and moderators of this site aren't into the political stuff. I will approach his BS strictly from a legal standpoint, I believe they will allow a discussion regarding the legal aspect of executive orders.

The info comes from the Associated Press ... but I can't figure out how to get the link ... it just shows as a summary on my Google Search. This one results ... but I see that the Dems here have 50 votes, but that includes 2 independent parties (which I assume are leaning Democrats).  So I think that is where the Associated Press says it's actually 48 for the Dems, 2 Independent, 49 for Republicans and 1 vote for the VP (Dem). See here (to reiterate, look at the notes below the 50 count for the Dems ... it includes 2 independent seats).

Senate Midterm Election Results 2022 | CNN Politics

So there's only 1 senator seat up for grabs in Georgia?

16 minutes ago, TyeeTanic said:

The info comes from the Associated Press ... but I can't figure out how to get the link ... it just shows as a summary on my Google Search. This one results ... but I see that the Dems here have 50 votes, but that includes 2 independent parties (which I assume are leaning Democrats).  So I think that is where the Associated Press says it's actually 48 for the Dems, 2 Independent, 49 for Republicans and 1 vote for the VP (Dem). See here (to reiterate, look at the notes below the 50 count for the Dems ... it includes 2 independent seats).

Senate Midterm Election Results 2022 | CNN Politics

So there's only 1 senator seat up for grabs in Georgia?

Yes. One seat open for the Senate in Georgia. Neither Warnock or Walker got 50% or more of the votes so according to Georgia voting laws there has to be a runoff vote which will take place in December. The best the republicans can do is to win  that seat which will split the seats 50 to 50. Whenever a vote is tied the VP ( Kamala Harris) will cast the final vote.

America hater George Soros has been funding the Dems forever 

Now the Dems have the Crypto version of Bernie Madoff funneling millions of dollars of scammed investors money to the Dems 

I try to watch some of the liberal media channels to get their take but thay have turned into into the Jan 6 or White people suck channel .

I find it funny when you see and hear with your own eyes and ears the crap show of stuff that is going on and the liberal media trys to spin it to say what you see or hear is not happening . And how dare you question it . 

Hit  a three team parly today off my dock . A brown , domestic rainbow , and nice male coho . All on  jigs.  Landed 9 fish the last few  days in a few hrs total . And lost a few more . 

The water is clear and I wanted to see how my jig was working so I had it in front of me pulling it along and I watched the coho come up from nowhere and nail it. Pretty cool 

Here's my post:
"Executive orders, while not laws, can have the same effect as laws.  E.O.s are directives from Executive to depts within the Executive branch."  

To which you replied:
"I will address his post when I have time but it will be without political implications because the owner and moderators of this site aren't into the political stuff. I will approach his BS strictly from a legal standpoint, I believe they will allow a discussion regarding the legal aspect of executive orders."

and then you wrote:
"An executive order is a signed, written, and published directive from the President of the United States that manages operations of the federal government."

(One can see that I did not go back & edit any postings.)

The federal gov't consists of the Executive, Judicial & Congressional branches.  (per the Constitution) E.O.s apply ONLY to the executive branch.  Exec CANNOT tell Congress or the Judiciary what to do or make rules for them. DHS, IRS, TSA, CDC, FBI all come under the Exec branch. Congress established & funds them but doesn't direct their day-to-day operations, which can and do affect private citizens.  Congress didn't tell TSA to install X-ray machines. Didn't tell FBI to assist local law enforcement. Didn't tell Military to get a shot.  Did they? 

Also, the word "could" is not spelled "d-i-d."  Glad you finally saw that.    So glad to see some research supporting what I said, even though it was perceived to be not what I said.

Hope you can get the boat out.  Water at the Genny launch is very low, even though the falls are really roaring. 

Ya right. I'm bailing.

This has turned into a pissing contest with only one party being honest and not editing previous posts. 

One more question for you LL. How is our country doing today relative to four years ago?

Edited by spoonfed-1