Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Really Billy? He will never stop talking about this comment around the marina this summer!
  2. There are plenty of good pike still left in Conesus. The north end does get pounded but most of the lake is unfished on the ice. The number of small pike does seem up. I'm glad to see that. I started fishing Conesus in 2004 and we would never catch small pike. The last couple seasons, there seem to be more around. I use an underwater camera on Conesus for gills and there are tons of pike swimming around.
  3. I see this post getting ready to slide off the cliff.......
  4. The good fishing on Sodus has to due with two very large year classes of perch that is being seen lake wide.
  5. I have been running them for 3 seasons and put them through a lot of abuse fishing lakers. They have been a solid rigger so far.
  6. One of the local weather guys made mention of possible a wet spring. So far this winter Redfield NY has received 310" of snow. There is no way the snow pack is gone yet.
  7. Not true Chad. I ice fished last year and the year before. Not as many trips as this season but we got out some.
  8. I would be nervous about having a knick or fray in the cable with it stopping like that. I wouldn't want my ball swinging around out of the water either. Other than that, they look like well built riggers.
  9. The internet has ruined spots on the ice. I can remember going to Canadice 15 years ago and not seeing another ice fisherman out there. If you go there on a weekend now, it is a zoo. I used to post reports on the ice but quit after seeing the crowds and the disrespectful "sportsmen" the reports were drawing. Sodus this season is a prime example. Reports drew huge crowds and people were parking like idiots, leaving garbage on the ice and trespassing to get on the ice. Fishing access is hard enough to get now a days. Incidents like the ones mentioned above are only making the access tougher and tougher.
  10. My question is why buy a reel you have to upgrade the drags?
  11. Last year we did not have the snow pack that we do this year. Erie is high again. Heavy rains this spring and we will be in for one hell of a ride!
  12. Fish on the south side of the main point off the parking lot in the big pond for gills. If the ice is good, walk across the pond to the cove directly across the pond from the main point and search until you find gills. Bass are everywhere. The ponds used to have great numbers of big pickerel. I have a 28" pickerel on my wall from that pond.
  13. The back to back hard winters put this lake over the edge. The already low alewife numbers got wiped out. Sad.
  14. I'm with Dave on this one!
  15. Genesee River Charter Boat Association Flea Market is March 18th at Pt. Pleasant Fire Hall. I will be at all three selling Gambler Rigs!
  16. Ttt Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  17. Great pike! I bet it has eaten its fair share of skinny lakers the last couple of years!
  18. Bay Rats, Jointed rapalas, Rattlin Rogues, and thundersticks in fire tiger, black and silver, and orange and gold are my favorites.
  19. Even if you skim coat it, it may crack again.
×
×
  • Create New...