-
Posts
9,908 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GAMBLER
-
5/15 Braddocks and west of
GAMBLER replied to Shakemsam's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
Favorite Leadcore Brand(s)
GAMBLER replied to SamonSez's topic in Questions About Trout & Salmon Trolling?
Another vote for stealth core here. The suffix stuff is garbage IMO. I could only get one season out of my 10 color cores before it started fraying. Mason Leadcore was decent. -
ISO Remington 870 express rifled slug barrel 20 gauge
GAMBLER replied to GAMBLER's topic in Hunting Equipment
Thanks for the tips guys. I ended up pulling the trigger on a barrel on Ebay. No one around had any. I paid $350.00 but it will be cool to have my kid shoot his first deer with the gun I shot my first deer with. -
200lb Power pro
-
-
It’s better for me if they sink! 🤣🤣🤣 Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
-
I use Amish Out fitters cut bait caddy for the Gambler Rigs and a cabelas flasher storage bag for the cowbells. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
-
-
24-28”. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
-
Low is not good and high is not good. Why cant we just achieve Historical average and ride it? In February, the IJC released a statement that they had reached the historical average but were going to continue to let water out to be ready for the snow melt. The marinas on Sandy Creek are unusable due to low water. If the water doesn't come up, we are screwed. The IJC needs to use common sense and look at precipitation, lake levels of the upper great lakes (inflow) and snow pack amounts. We were in a drought last year, behind in snowfall over the entire Lake Ontario basin, and behind in total precipitation this spring. Why cant they just use common sense and data that is readily available?
-
-
There are days when too many sets of attractors shut them down. When this happens, run a “clean” Gambler Rig on one rigger a little further back and cowbells/ death trap on the other rigger. They usually come in in packs and you will pick them up on both rigs. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
-
Is the LED flashing when in the water? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
-
Sandy small boat` n
GAMBLER replied to HB2's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Like I said in the other thread, they moved off the shoreline for a good source once the water went clear a couple weeks back. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app -
Mexico 4/24.
GAMBLER replied to Hachimo's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
Where are the fish??
GAMBLER replied to brucehookedup's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
Where are the fish??
GAMBLER replied to brucehookedup's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
-
-
Where are the fish??
GAMBLER replied to brucehookedup's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
My point is in certain situations, brown (kings, lakers, steelhead, coho, atlantics) will leave the preferred water in certain conditions and move to where there is plentiful amounts of food. With the clear water and the calm sunny stretch we had two weeks ago, the browns may have moved off the shoreline to deeper water. I have found browns scattered over deeper water at this time of the year before feeding on gobies. In the spring of 2013, we found browns in 40-70 on the bottom at this time of the year off Sandy. The inside waters were clear and the browns were not around. I don't ever remember an April with this little colored water either. I do agree the stockers from last year seem to be MIA. We caught zero fishing browns last summer. I did watch the DEC stock browns near our pump station and the cormorants pounded that water for days after they were released. I hope we are wrong about the stockers and everything is ok. With the king stocking cuts, browns will be a staple for everyone to get through a season or two at some point. -
Thank you guys for the kind words and the support! When you buy from one of my competitors, you are buying from guys that just make tackle. I fish with my product and only produce and carry stuff that produces. If anyone ever has any questions on lake trout tips and technique, feel free to ask. I'm always willing to help out. The only thing I will not give up are my weigh points off of Sandy and Ibay!
-
ISO Remington 870 express rifled slug barrel 20 gauge
GAMBLER replied to GAMBLER's topic in Hunting Equipment
Lots of 12 gauge on ebay. Not so many 20 gauge. They are going for $300.00+! -
I was reading about this on other forums. I cant believe guys are saying they will be fine. I wouldn't trust NY to not pull a fast one on guys. Backdoor gun grab at its finest.
-
Hammerhead Cowbells or Gambler Rigs Death Traps and Gambler Rigs are the best weapons in the arsenal hands down! Here are my favorite colors for each: Hammerhead Cowbells size 5/0 Froggy Trout Alien Crystalina Blue Glow Lake Trout Killer Death Trap Magnums Crushed Ice UV Yellow Dew UV Antifreeze Gambler Rigs in regular and magnum sizes. Bull Frog Silver Glow Alien UV Chartreuse Dot Glow UV 2 Face




.jpg.58580fac231f4f1c0cc956c3b1866aec.jpg)

