Flea stripper anybody use this? If so, I’d like to know what you think of it.

8 hours ago, jollyroger said:

just get some wood paint stir sticks and put stick on velcro, they work real good and won't break the bank. hope this helps.

X2

I use the flea stripper and it works pretty well. The opening is the perfect size for 30lb wire, but its a little tight when getting fleas off 30lb mono. I actually pried the slot open a little bit with a flat head screwdriver so that it was not so tight on the mono. I have never tried the velcro trick. I also saw a YouTube video of someone using a micro fiber cloth. They just grabbed the wad of fleas with the micro fiber and gave it a quick jerk and yanked them off. Seemed to work...

Mudflat is right Sammy the prickly side. It isn't the ultimate solution but it does work and is a whole lot better than by hand. Best of luck out there Sam.

Not sure I follow. The Velcro on a stick is easy but do you sandwhich the two sticks together and slide over the fleas on your line?

19 hours ago, pfu said:

Not sure I follow. The Velcro on a stick is easy but do you sandwhich the two sticks together and slide over the fleas on your line?

You just use one stick and rub the velcro across the fleas on your line as you bring it in.  The velcro will grab the fleas and not damage your line.  The tighter your line is the better it works.  You can wash the fleas off the velcro with your wash down hose.

I have had it for a couple of years. 

Use it on braid mainly. 

Removes chunks up to the size of your finger nail,  pretty well,  usually smaller blobs is easier. 

A couple of times if I get impatient or force it,   have broken/cut the braid. 

So best if all your gear is in the boat,  not hanging out over the side, when stripping fleas.

• 2 weeks later...

One factor here is the TYPE of flea, The "prickly pear" (Spiny) type will come off a lot easier than the fishhook type no matter what is used.

Edited by Sk8man