Canandaigua Walleyes

Now we need $10,00 prize for our Derby.Make some Money for Kids!!! Any don't gimme that bull about over fishin and pressure ! Its two days Ya I know there is other Derbys . deal with it. Them lakers need thin tooo .

35 minutes ago, Crestliner said:

Well SK8M there was no path for crabs to my pond how did they get there?  Dug it myself let rain do its thing. Just sayin ???? Ya Birds maybe.

Crawfish can find their way into a pond in a variety of ways. During the wet season when water levels are high, crawfish can migrate from other nearby ponds or streams. They can also be introduced through the intentional stocking of crawfish or through the accidental introduction of crawfish larvae by birds.

For what it’s worth on your pond. 
Sk8man was mentioning the no path as it relates to a waterway for them to swim or migrate. An eagle could always carry one over, although highly unlikely. 

I hope the Walleyes reproduce in both Canandaigua and Skaneateles because the DEC has spent too much time stocking Trout in most all the Finger Lakes and not enough Walleyes hardly anywhere. The warm water fisheries have been ignored. Stock more Walleyes and Tiger Muskies other than just a few select lakes. And yes Canandaigua did produce trophy Walleyes as did Hemlock before the Alewives moved in. The DEC should of kept the lakes stocked as some of the biggest walleyes anywhere used to come out of those lakes up to 14-15 lbs.

1 hour ago, BP Swing said:

I hope the Walleyes reproduce in both Canandaigua and Skaneateles because the DEC has spent too much time stocking Trout in most all the Finger Lakes and not enough Walleyes hardly anywhere. The warm water fisheries have been ignored. Stock more Walleyes and Tiger Muskies other than just a few select lakes. And yes Canandaigua did produce trophy Walleyes as did Hemlock before the Alewives moved in. The DEC should of kept the lakes stocked as some of the biggest walleyes anywhere used to come out of those lakes up to 14-15 lbs.

We do not need no stinking walleye in Canandaigua go to Erie if you want them we have a great rainbow fishery do not screw it up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wallysackett said:

There are no alewives in hemlock lake.

I believe you are quite mistaken... the DEC Region 8 forage assessment (year 2019) for Hemlock Lake indicated that alewives were by far the most abundant forage

available: https://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_pdf/tb8hemlocklake18.pdf  

Edited by salmoseine

59 minutes ago, salmoseine said:

I believe you are quite mistaken... the DEC Region 8 forage assessment (year 2019) for Hemlock Lake inicated that alewives were by far the most abundate forage available: https://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_pdf/tb8hemlocklake18.pdf  

Cant open this on my phone for some reason but I am looking forward to reading it. Thank you for sharing and educating me. I have seen the large bait schools on my graph but did not realize they were alewives I was looking at.

Lots of wallies in Conesus some in Honeoye too. You can see them spawn in out let at lakeville. Caught many there .Wallies thrive in shallow warm lakes . Lets keep it that way. They like weeds and structure not much of that in Canandaigua over all. Love them Rainbows!

On 8/29/2023 at 12:51 PM, Frogger said:

Crawfish can find their way into a pond in a variety of ways. During the wet season when water levels are high, crawfish can migrate from other nearby ponds or streams. They can also be introduced through the intentional stocking of crawfish or through the accidental introduction of crawfish larvae by birds.

For what it’s worth on your pond. 
Sk8man was mentioning the no path as it relates to a waterway for them to swim or migrate. An eagle could always carry one over, although highly unlikely. 

Really