Seneca Any Seneca Reports?

Hey Polski, didn't want to leave you hanging...boat hoist maintenance guys rescheduled for today so didn't get out. Like many local guys I get quiet a week before the derby. Generally speaking on Seneca this time of year a person would do well to work the points. Also hard to go wrong working 80 to 120 feet of water. Good luck, hope you come in second place!🫠

On 5/15/2024 at 8:33 PM, Polski Rybak said:

Any word on the Seneca bite? Heading down for my seventh derby next week. What temps are you reading? Any info is much appreciated.

Went out for a little while yesterday once the fog finally lifted. The surface temp was 52, managed one nice landlock off the boards, marked plenty of bait and what I assume were lakers near the bottom in the 50-80’ range but wasn’t after ‘em. Good luck out there!

Got out for an hour today, had one decent fish on for a minute. Temperature 57,lots of bait and numerous marks. If the weather holds it could be really good derby. 

Just to add, fish seem to be everywhere both deep and shallow and in all over the water column.  Seems to be warming up quickly as I saw 52 on top last week where Sunday I saw 57.  

• Like 1

Best of luck to all fishing the Seneca Derby  tomorrow. I received my new Elmer Hinckley spoons in today's mail and they are incredible. The finish blows away my former favorite spoons. I'm hoping for a good result this weekend. Hope the weather holds and the wind is right.

EHforderby.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sk8man said:

Best of luck to all fishing the Seneca Derby  tomorrow. I received my new Elmer Hinckley spoons in today's mail and they are incredible. The finish blows away my former favorite spoons. I'm hoping for a good result this weekend. Hope the weather holds and the wind is right.

EHforderby.JPG

Love those Elmer Hinckley spoons Les!  I got some more this week too!  Good luck out there everyone!

Won’t be doing the tournament this weekend as I have grandpa duty which means any time on the boat will be for pleasure rides. Good luck to all. I haven’t been chasing the lakers but the silvers have been pretty good so far(except for the lampreys). Hope the weather holds 🤞

Thanks Mike best to you as well. Pete mentioned the ones you've been having success with. I'm sure you will do well out there bud.

• Like 1