Journeyed out in the fog this am for a short trip with my brother his girlfriend and her son. The little guy was super excited to be in the boat and sat next to the downrigger pole most of the trip. With his hands on the pole. We only had a couple hours so I could feel the pressure. I’ve never prayed for a laker, but I was this morning. 
Sure enough a dipsy finally popped off and the laker battle began. I should mention that the biggest fish this boy has ever caught was a “sunny” so  when he saw the fish 10 feet from the transom he was losing his mind. 
We landed it, thank god and he was as pumped as a little person could possibly be. It was a nice laker, and the entire experience made me remember the times when my dad brought my brothers and I trolling and what that meant to us. I forgot how satisfying it is to put kids on the boat in Lake Ontario when trolling for these fish.  I know it made his day, but he made my more than he knows. 

IMG_5109.png

IMG_5110.jpeg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Bustersit said:

Journeyed out in the fog this am for a short trip with my brother his girlfriend and her son. The little guy was super excited to be in the boat and sat next to the downrigger pole most of the trip. With his hands on the pole. We only had a couple hours so I could feel the pressure. I’ve never prayed for a laker, but I was this morning. 
Sure enough a dipsy finally popped off and the laker battle began. I should mention that the biggest fish this boy has ever caught was a “sunny” so  when he saw the fish 10 feet from the transom he was losing his mind. 
We landed it, thank god and he was as pumped as a little person could possibly be. It was a nice laker, and the entire experience made me remember the times when my dad brought my brothers and I trolling and what that meant to us. I forgot how satisfying it is to put kids on the boat in Lake Ontario when trolling for these fish.  I know it made his day, but he made my more than he knows. 

IMG_5109.png

IMG_5110.jpeg

Sweet!!!

Man that's awesome! Bet he went to school and told everyone how he caught Moby Dick! Congratulations!