Its killling me man

I traded up to a new boat with inboard, and now there is 5 inches of snow on the dock. Last year this time I had the boat in 2 weeks already and had caught lot odf fish. Global warming, not this Easter. I feel like a dog on a leash watching rabbits play just out reach. Hopefully next weekend I can break the leash and get out on the lake. :devil:

Fish I just went out to feed the chickens and I was saying the same thing to myself as I was trudging through 3 inches of snow " @#$Damn Scientists need to come up here to live, Global Warming my @#$"..........Woody.

My mother ,who is pushing 80 had a story the other day. She came from a family of 13 children .When her youngest brother was born 1935 there was such a snowstorm the doctor could not get to their house for 3 days.His birthdate was Apr 15th. This is the souther tier of NY. Town of Lounsberry.Said when the doctor did get there it was only by horse.I guess a storm like that could happen again.

i cant belive you let your mom push 80 all by herself why dont you get off your butt and help her push some !!!!!!!! whats she pushing anyways ????????seeing your family roots started in looneyville explaines some of your photos ,poor rabbit........

Could be worse... the memory kicked in this morning. April 1975:

HISTORIC WEATHER EVENTS

The northeastern U.S. was in the grips of a severe storm which produced hurricane force winds along the coast, and two to three feet of snow in Maine and New Hampshire. Winds atop Mount Washington NH gusted to 140 mph.

The biggest snowstorm of record for so late in the season paralyzed Chicago IL. Up to 20 inches of snow fell in extreme northeastern Illinois, and 10.9 inches of snow closed Chicago's O'Hare Airport.

The Chicago storm reached us (Rochester area) on Friday April 4, with snow continuing through Saturday... upper teens total accumulation, with temps maxing in the 20s. I was dying to get the rig into Canandaigua L to start the season!! Turned into a great Spring of fishing. In fact, it was the 1st spring of excellent Coho fishing on Lake Ontario if my memory is correct.

I came back from Albany on Mothers day May 7 one year in 8" of snow on my motorcycle. I think they ought to take the calander and move the dates around the leap years adding an extra day have gotten things a month out of wack :lol:

Talked to Steve at the NK sale friday. Said he had an Ice Fishing charter comming up next week :lol:

I've been going stir crazy with this weather. We just bought a bunch of new rods, reels, tackle and got the boat all ready for the water and now we have more snow.....

If I don't go fishing soon I may end up doing something drastic....like listening to my wife and working on my ' honey do ' list that she gave me....

I'm not greedy, I just want to catch ONE fish before the end of the month.

On May 17 1977, I took my new girlfriend canoe camping/fishing at Long Lake in the Adirondacks. Underestimated a couple of things, like black flies and water temperature. But on the third night we woke up to trees crashing on the lean-to. Over a foot of snow had fallen on the newly bloomed leaves. We paddled back in blinding snow. There is more to the story, but she married me anyway. She hasn't been fishing since.