Dual frequency vs single

Bad Habit

Since I still can't get my FF to mark a fish or hold bottom I need to make a decision, New FF or buy a transducer for my 8 year old Lowrance X-91 for about $75 and hope tht's the problem. I've been reading up on Dual frequency vs single and all the manufactures sites I've been to say to use dual frequency for deep sea fishing (Salt water) and single for lakes and ponds. I also know alot of people prefer dual and was wondering what the advantages are. Due to work situations (or lack of) I'm on a very limited budget and am curious what anyone thinks of the Eagle products. I did some searching and see they have a 320 or 480 monochrome in both dual and single frequencies pretty reasonable. Any thoughts are appreciated!!

Thanks, Rick

My 50 khz shows up better suspended fish with its wider cone view. My 200 khz shows up perch on the bottom when I set the upper and lower limits in a 10 foot window. DF and color are something Ishould have done years ago.

Irish56, Glad you said that. I decided to buy an inexpensive unit to use until I was in a better position to upgrade so I ordered the Eagle Seafinder 480 DF a couple of days ago. I hope it gets here in time to install it for the weekend.

Rick

I use a Humminbird 575 with triple frequency and I believe it is the best invention since sliced bread.It gives you an idea of what is happening to the sides and not just one or two relatively narrow beams underneath.This gives great information specially when you run leadcore or copper wire.When you see fish to the side you turn a bit here or there and your line goes right through the fish.