Great Times at Oneida for Eyes & smallies!

Water color has really gotten alot better! The recent rains and monster waves, combined with alge blooms have really made the water much more stained! Not gin clear like a few weeks ago! Was out tonight and did good again, was pretty rough though! Landed a 4 1/4lb smallie, what a beauty!

Another bumpy evening, but did manage 3 eyes and 10 smallies for a couple hours work! Been jumping around jigging! I was over your way last week Maxwell and got eyes deep and did great on suspended bass a little shallower!

nice work snagger,

I finally got my boat out on the hoist sunday- out of south shore it looked like a perfect day for a shakedown run and my first attempt at putting it on a hoist. Well once I got out to the middle we hit the 3 foot plus rollers and was glad to have 2 friends help walk (hold back against breakers) the boat into the hoist. Kind of shallow and after lunch we took it back out and abused my poor boat. Wasn't plannin on fishin but had to get out some tackle from a friends house, we anchor drifted for an hour jiggin until the anchor line snapped with the rollers. LOL didn't know there were any other boats out that day on the main part just east of lakeport. No bites as I didn't have my tackle and we couldnt maintain bottom contact.

nice work snagger,

I finally got my boat out on the hoist sunday- out of south shore it looked like a perfect day for a shakedown run and my first attempt at putting it on a hoist. Well once I got out to the middle we hit the 3 foot plus rollers and was glad to have 2 friends help walk (hold back against breakers) the boat into the hoist. Kind of shallow and after lunch we took it back out and abused my poor boat. Wasn't plannin on fishin but had to get out some tackle from a friends house, we anchor drifted for an hour jiggin until the anchor line snapped with the rollers. LOL didn't know there were any other boats out that day on the main part just east of lakeport. No bites as I didn't have my tackle and we couldnt maintain bottom contact.

O ya that lakes been rough, today she layed down and only managed 1 eye, a short, and dumped another one jigging. Not many ticks either. did fair on the smallies put 11 in the boat! Fished 5:30-9:30.

Was out again thursday evening for about 3 1/2 hours. great smallie action and landed 2 keeper eyes, lost a couple at the boat again! It's like fishing in late May in July out there! Pretty Nice! Anyone else been fishing Oneida? Water temp still 68-69 degrees in July!

how do you guys do at night out there?ive been out there until about 11pm and it shuts right down after dark for me.should i be jiging or trollling at night? I usally drift in 11-14 ft with willows and a few jigs now and then

In the spring and fall there is a great night bite, but summer and winter I can't get anything after complete darkness either! Usually a really good frenzy right at dark for 30-40 minutes if your in the right spot! It's not just you, I saw a couple oldtimers going out with lanterns the other night! Was out tonight, too flat for me, got smallies and few big perch, one good eye and lost a couple at the boat! (All eyes 9:10-9:35)

Hey guys, I live right on the Marion Manor road, and I've been getting skunked this year!

I've tried the creek that runs through Schneibles and thats usually gang busters in the late fall but I have been getting nothing.

Also tried rowing out in the canoe out to the drop off, directly parallel to Johnnies and working my drift there down and I've got nothing.

What are you guys using in these shallower areas. I usually try chartreuse mister twisters and the occasional sonar but its not been working at all.

I'm a fellow November sniebal's guy too! Probably fished together before! I'll PM you! We had are best evening yet 16 eyes in 3 hours with 10 keepers, many more lost, plus quite a few smallies! They were still hitting at 10:15, probably went all night for some reason. What's the moon phase? there was alot of active bait after dark!

I'm a fellow November sniebal's guy too! Probably fished together before! I'll PM you! We had are best evening yet 16 eyes in 3 hours with 10 keepers, many more lost, plus quite a few smallies! They were still hitting at 10:15, probably went all night for some reason. What's the moon phase? there was alot of active bait after dark!

I was out tonight too.... another skunk... Man I wish I knew what i was doing.

Last 4 evenings on Oneida continue to be good( slower yesterday during that low pressure!) Me and my buddy Got 41 smallmouth and 4 keeper eyes this evening! Some 19 inch smallies and a 22 inch eye! Suprisingly, nobody bass fishing that I could see! Hey AKITAONE, all the eyes came well after dark!

Hey Snagger sounds like u are doing very well over there. We are planning a trip to Oneida this month. I am leaning on the smallies.

Any advice on where to fish and what you are having success with would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone have a favorite camping place over there? We did not like the last one we stayed at, down the river a bit on the East end. Looks like Oneida shores on the west end has a boat launch but not sure how good it is?

We have been fishing on some of the more over looked humps and shoals! When theres not much boat traffic, jump on some of more popular shoals like Dakin and the Shak! The depths have been 14-18 feet of water! Jigging plastics and casting deep diving cranks! Until I get a newer server/computer no pic's yet, plus left my $1200 Nikon out in the rain and smoked it this winter! Still new to computers! GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND & ON YOUR TRIP IN AUGUST GUYS! Did pretty good tonight with 5 keepers and 3 shorts and 16 smallies between the 3 of us! It was flat as heck! :@

Slow Saturday for me with flat conditions and monster boat traffic, but a great Sunday evening. big boys showed up tonight! 15 eyes, kept 6, all over 18 inches, 4 over 20 and 1 23 incher! No accidental bass, I think there going into a seasonal shift!