Pro-Am fishing times

What would you like to see with Pro- am fishing times?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see with Pro- am fishing times?

• 1. Leave it the way it is.
    • 2. Extend Saturdays fishing hours by 2-3 hrs.

Forgive me if this has come up before but I realized while fishing the pro-ams this year that its alot of travel and money for not a whole lotta fishing. I know alot of guys spend alot of money and take the time away from family to participate in these. I for one would like to see the saturday fishing time extended by 3 hours. Leave Sunday the way it is because people have to get on the road and get home. But, if we are going to be there why not fish longer on saturday? Especially instances like Oswego where we only got to fish one day. :@ I wish I would have been able to fish longer since I commited a whole weekend to it. Im interested on how others feel about this. Pros? Cons?

You are right in that it seemed like it was over before it started esp. with the amateur division losing fishing time this year ;( . However, when you are having fun, the time always flys-by. Keep in mind all the volunteers have to be on call, so I can see where they would like to keep these events as short as possible. People behind the scenes, putting up and taking down tents, food stations, leader boards, etc. Now, I do my part by registering at least one zero box per event to keep things moving ;) . Guess you could do the pre-fish friday contests?

i'd like to see the am's get some more run time and maybe our half hour back, but 8 hours is plenty. Don't get me wrong i'd love to fish all day too but i think the rules now is what makes the pro/am's so unique. You get your 8 hours and you try to get numbers. I think there was only two day this year out of 8 that we didn't have enough hits to fill the box, it's all about cashing in on your opportunities and getting on fish. Couple more hours and then some tournies turns into who got lucky enough to bag bigger fish and not who was able to get on numbers.

Just my wierd way of thinking...

I have to agree with Matt. I have begged and pleaded with the committee to give us our time back through some lengthly and constructive conversations. Will we.....I don't know, but I hope so! Just some more run time in the am and a half hour on the back end would be acceptable by me. Fifteen minutes is not enough in the morning....it takes 5-10 min of that to get out of most ports. Where can you get in 5 minutes? Other than that I think they have it right :yes: Things like Oswego happen Mike....what can ya do? I know my team really wanted to get out and fish Sunday. Mother nature just said no :(

I could take another hour on the water even with the pretty good prefishing (4 days),, sat (osweago) as with fishing anywhere the fish locked up for a lot of boats. Last year we were the first am boat in and a 11am cutoff time would of been great but at 5 min till weigh in time we got bumped to 2nd for the day(curse you Lou) but it was exciting non the less to watch every one weigh in ..As far as this year the brokeback mountiantop boys (liq.plummer) had a secret up there sleeve and spanked the whole thing(great job),when we all get as old as Del. :lol: we all should be getting our limit by 2. as far as this year at osweago i had a near muteny due to storms 30 miles away ,and another hour on the water and we would of been dodging lighting bolts and 35mph winds with the Pros. maybe a handicap point system like in golf would would even out the field :lol: ,,,,Thank You to all the volenteers for the pro /ams if my wife can stand to be without me for a few days next year we should be able to sweep the field............................Till weigh in :(

now maybe instead of being in port at 1 or 2 we could employ a radio stop fishing which could give you that last few min of fishing if needed or have all observers enforce the cutoff time all cell phones are the same time and most gps units can display exact time, also next year the Capt,Observer -rules meeting should be just that and enforced to keep the rumble down ,the only exception should be to any Newteam to allow the whole NEW team sit in on the rules (capt meeting) so the whole NEW crew can get the feel of whats going on.

I'm all set with extra fishing time! Part of these tourneys is the comrodary after fishing. Meet new people, and hang out with guys you might only see a few times a year. Being on the water 3-4 days in a row kicks my butt. I enjoy relaxing, and bustin chops.

I agree with the majority here. I like the way it's run, it's a quality event. Although as an amature I also would like to have that half hour back, and more running time. It is, in some cases, hard to get where you need to go in 15 minutes, especially in a 22 foot boat when the waves are 2-4 feet or bigger.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't used to be fish till 2pm, and in the piers by 3pm, Instead of just in the piers by 2pm? Perhaps that discussion should be tabled. Any thoughts??

If we don't get the half hour back and more running time in the morning, that's fine too. I'm still going fish. I only get to fish 2 of these a year due to the time and money constraints, but it's always the best spent money, and always a great time with friends, and meeting new people.