Shasta Lake Calif 1-6 with Sigg's Riggs

stan

Dave and I hit Shasta Lake today, headed up the Pit River arm in search of Kings. We had Sigg's Coho Candy on, which picked up all 4 trout with the two largest going a hair over 3 lbs. With the lake so low the trees where a easy catch for dodgers and Coho Candy, Lost two dodgers and 3 Coho Candy flies. It was a hell of a day at sea Captain with temp in the high 40s

25kq8t5.jpg

v6swap.jpg

2hcmhps.jpg

Nice eaters stan ,,, too bad ya couldnt sneek some forage base fish in there imagine if the average bow was 7 lbs....and i feel your pain of loosing the fly and dodger why just last year alone I lost my first dodger/fly set up.......in 7 years of trolling,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dude i think that solid line on the bottom of the fishfinder screen MIGHT be the BOTTOM justa guess

i know i know the bottom of your lake is as flat as that little hill in the background but it still boggles my little mind how much tackle you leave behind,,,are you shure you didnt sneek your little Christmas friends cousin from mexico on the boat (TEQULA)

Ray we did not lose then on the bottom, We where in 125' flow. They where being pulled off the planer boards.

With the lake so low, tree tops where just below the surface. Hell I even hook into a pine cone that was still attached to the tree, when it broke lose the treble hooks where baried

into it. Hey thanks for the heads up on where to find the bottom

Nice fish Stan. I'm jealous as all our ponds are frozen solid now.

Thanks for the pictures as looking at fish pictures helps get me through the winter.

One question. Are those native rainbows out there or are they stocked fish and if stocked how big are they when they put them in?

Thanks

Glen

Glen

There a mix, of stocked and wild. The ones in the picture are all what is known as the

Pit River Rainbow. They are usually darker with big brown spots also thicker through the gut. Then we have the Rainbow Trout and another strain call the Eagle Lake Trout which come from only Eagle lake California where the water is vary alkaline. Both these species can be found on the net