Sandy Creek Shootout update 8/11

This is a list of boats(teams) that I will be adding to as I get payment confirmations.

Paid entries so far:

1. Legacy

2. Nuthin But Net

3. Silver Fox

4. Escape

5. My Mink

6. Triple S

7. Rock and Troll

8. Runnin Rebel

9. Freedom Charters (aka: Capt. Bogart)

10. King Salmon

11. Mr. Breeze

12. Team Freedom

13. Coyote Ugly

14. My Obsession

15. Team AoxomoxoA

16. SchoolMaster

17. Pleasure Unit

18. Tomahawk

19. Coldwater Affair

This is gonna be great, for guys like me who dont have the time and or the money to do the pro am's this format is awesome. I have been wanting to meet the guys who are on the board who fish in my area and there can not be a better way to do it. Me and my very no experienced team of tourny fishing buddies do have high hopes of laughes, burgers and maybe a beer or two when we are done hell if we are lucky maybe we can weigh in a couple of nice ones. Thanks for putting it together guys!!!

As we get closer, here are just a couple reminders:

1. Bring your own beer :beer:

2. I don't want to see anyone disqualified, so please, please, please DON'T BRING MORE THAN 3 FISH TO THE WEIGH-IN AND DON'T SHOW UP AFTER 2:30PM. If everyone tries to get to the weigh-in by 2pm we'll be all set. Everyone please print out the rules and take them with you and if their are any questions on tourny day, just call one of us. Better be safe than sorry.

Jeff, your all set. I just added you to the list and thank you. :yes:

scott , what if ya got 3 good kings and a big rainbow or brown , your saying we have too make the decision too fish one or the other, i"m just thinking that what if i get three kings to find out they don't stack up to the rest of the feild but i got a brown or rainbow that could win but i can"t bring it to weigh in or ill be DQed, Please don't take this the wrong way all im saying is it would suck to have three good one's 20lb+ and lets say a 16lb trout but can't do anything with it. maybe a bonus kicker fish????

John,

We kicked your idea around quite a bit today and just didn't feel that changing the rules at the 11th hour made sense for a variety of reasons. Anyone who has other ideas please feel free to share them before, during or after the derby. Our goal was to make this a fun and fair derby for everyone. Based on the number of entries this year we can easily see us continuing this in the years to come, we will be looking for ways to make it better if we can. Next year we will try to have the derby on a Saturday with Sunday as an alternate weather day, we just couldn't make that aspect work this year. Let's all keep our fingers crossed for nice weather on the 22nd.

Guys who haven't paid yet remember the deadline is next Friday. We've gotten verbal commitments for another 3 or 4 teams but until your payment is received you are not entered.

Keith

You know, this is what makes derby fishing interesting...it's not just whether you can catch fish, but do you make the right decisions? Since it's a level playing field, everybody's in the same boat (npi). In the Pro-Am, how long do you chase poundage before trying to box out with skippy? For this event, do you bump a 20 lb salmon for a 16 lb brown? Give up four lbs for a shot at the big brown prize? Tough choice. One that I'd love to be making come the 22nd though ;)

I like it.

Gator

ok thanks for atleast thinking about it and kicking it around maybe next year , i was thinking it was alittle to late for a rule change anyways. looks like there will be some last minute planning here on the teams . thx & keep up the good work !

How about making the Big fish entries (next year) separate from the 3 fish. If you want to enter the Big fish categories, you have to pay extra (say $20 extra). This way you could bring in 3 big kings and kicker trout and not screw up your 3 fish box. Or have The big king included in the 3 fish derby and do the trout species extra?